1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting Camtasia video format to other files

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Bohol, Jul 29, 2008.

Hi friends,

I would like to solicit your help. How can I convert Camtasia video files so that I can upload them into Youtube?

Thanks in advance.

Bohol, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If it's not too late, you could try using CamStudio instead. It outputs good ol' fashioned avis.

It's open source, it's free, and it rocks: http://www.camstudio.org

Kerosene, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    Bohol likes this.
  3. Calvinson

Calvinson Guest

Best Answers:
    convert swf to flv ?as i know there are many solutions to this question, flash cs3 can help you convert swf to flv format which is compatible with youtube if you have the source of the swf file.

Calvinson, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  4. wenling85

wenling85 Peon

Best Answers:
    YouTube accepts lol formats not just flv.
    Just download a video format converter to convert to youtube format.

BTW, YouTube now accepts HD video.

Cheers;)

wenling85, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  5. jumpjump

jumpjump Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use a program to convert the format of the camtasia video so that it is supported by youtube. I know one Video Converter that can convert the many other video formats to youtube, Following is a step by step guide about how to Upload Video to YouTube Site
    http://www.flash-video-soft.com/blog/?p=218
    Hope it is helpful.

jumpjump, Jul 17, 2009 IP
  6. HeidiWhiteTV

HeidiWhiteTV Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the other way around?

I want to change a video on a web site where the developer only wants videos in camtasia format (.swf).

I'll use a Flash HD Camcorder to create the video - can I use the free 30 day trial of Camtasia to upload my live video - add some screen shots and then send the completed video to my developer?

Thanks

HeidiWhiteTV, Aug 20, 2009 IP
  7. topend49

topend49 Peon

Best Answers:
    I jt recorded a Camtasia project and produced it choosing the "web" option.

It saved it as a .camproject file.

How do I change it to a format to upload to YouTube, PhotBucket, my blog, etc (.wmv, .flv)?

I tried "save as" and using the converter, but the converter did not recognize the .camproject file extension.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

topend49, Apr 17, 2010 IP
  8. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh, topend49 (and maybe Bohol, depending on if you're doing the same thing he is). You're saving the recording as a project, when you need to save it as a video. I haven't used camtasia in a while, but I'm assuming there's an "Export" option or a "Save As" option that allows you to save what you've recorded as an actual video that other applications can view. Once you've saved it as a video, you can download one of these programs:
    WinFF, which is a basic converter for popular formats
    There's also a program called "Free Video Converter" but I can't seem to find where I downloaded it from. There's quite a few programs with the same name, but the one I have works really well. Sorry I can't find a link to where I got it from...

Piggy, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  9. topend49

topend49 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried "save as" and free video converter, the converter would not recognize the .camproject extension and when I tried "save as" not other choices were given for file format.

Tim

topend49, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  10. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    .camproject isn't going to be recognized by a converter... I know Camtasia has an export option.

I just downloaded the newest camtasia, and after I had recorded the screen, there's an option for "Save and Edit" as well as "Produce". Both of these options let you save as .camerec or .avi. You've just gotta select .avi.

Now, if you go to where you're editing the video, and you go to File> you're clicking Save Project As, which is only gonna let you save it as .camproject. What you need to do is select Produce and Share. This will walk you through saving it in a web-friendly format. When you click Produce and Share, make sure Web is selected from the drop-down box, and click next. On this next screen, choose what you want to name your file, and the save path. Click finish. Now, let it render the project, and it'll open up a webpage displaying a preview of your video.

Now exit out of the preview page it brought up, and open up my documents and browse to the save path you selected on the second Produce and Share screen. In this path, you'll see about 6 files. One of them will be a .mp4 video file. If you don't like this format, use a video converter and convert that .mp4 file to one of your liking.

This should work for you! Hope it helps!

Piggy, Apr 18, 2010 IP
  11. Polly21

Polly21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Polly21, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  12. dream party

dream party Active Member

Best Answers:
    dream party, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  13. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    @panasonic700

Thanks for that comprehensive outline of yours. I will really look into it as my guide for now. It is very helpful to me. Thanks!

Elitegeek, Oct 26, 2010 IP