1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting Big Site To Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by GamesPond, Jan 13, 2016.

Hi all,
    A friend has a big site and it uses an old scrip. Now that script is old and dated, we want to convert it to wordpress but there are a lot of files/pages over 4000

How can we convert the site to wordpress but still keep all the urls the same or what is the easiest way to do this without losing rankings?

Cheers

GamesPond, Jan 13, 2016 IP
  2. xxll_martin_llxx

xxll_martin_llxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What script is it using?

Despite the work involved if it really does have around 4000 files/pages converting to a Wordpress site would be very handy. It runs like 16%, supposedly, of the internet these days.

The Wordpress site has a list of Import Tools on its site which be of good use to your friend - http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content

Otherwise, I would recommend paying someone that is competent in Wordpress and dealing with other scripts. This isn't exactly a hard exercise to do.

xxll_martin_llxx, Jan 17, 2016 IP
  3. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I ended up working it out :D
    There are 4670 pages all added over about 5 years. Basically what I did was used an import tool called wp all import.
    Imported the database then changed a few things so the images stayed in the same folder. Also changed the permalinks to suit the same
    as the script because it had fileid and html in the url.

Took a half a bottle of Jack Daniels but I done it ;)

GamesPond, Jan 22, 2016 IP