1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

convert vbulletin to wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by FoxyFLS, Feb 21, 2010.

I've been considering converting my vbulletin forum to a wordpress blog but it doesn't look like its a simple process. I've googled around for a convertor but nothing is showing up. Some have bragged of doing it without actually showing how its done. I'm sure its easy enough for those who know there way around a database but I'm not that confident but would have a go at a step by step instructions if any where available.

Hoping someone is aware of such instructions.

FoxyFLS, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it can be done usinng some custom script. like dumping threads into blogposts.

if it has very less sections we can think of making sections into blogposts too. but it all depends on number of threads / posts.

chandan123, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  3. FoxyFLS

FoxyFLS Peon

Best Answers:
    Threads: 247, Posts: 1,361

not a lot of threads and posts hence the reason I'd like to go down the blog route. I just think my skills would be better having my site as a blog. Its very niche to a small amount audience and my competitor has most of the available online people on their site. I've used all the tricks of the trade to make it a success but after a year of trying and seeing as a blog doesn't exist for my niche I would like to try this but not at any cost of buying a script though.

FoxyFLS, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  4. kokodz

kokodz Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it imposible to do that. the sql table of vbuletin is larger than wp query.

kokodz, Feb 24, 2010 IP