1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Convert phpbb to vbulletin - keep urls same

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by murph, Jun 19, 2006.

I am looking at converting 2 slightly-established forums from phpbb to vbulletin, but was wondering about the process of conversion.

The phpbb urls seem to use an seo hack as they are 'clean' urls (i will find out what exactly soon). I have heard about vbulletin's converter, but was wondering how i would keep all the urls of all the indexed pages the same?

I would be looking to install vbseo (unless there's a cheaper/free alternative mod??) for each forum as well at the same time. So what would be the best process for doing al this whilst maintaining the same indexed urls in the SE's?

TIA

murph, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  2. Slapyo

Slapyo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you do convert to vB, don't waste your money on vbSEO, not really worth the money.

Slapyo, Jun 19, 2006 IP
  3. murph

murph Peon

Best Answers:
    It is expensive for an seo mod it has to be said! Trouble is though i need to maintain the 'thread-title-urls' that exist already...and if i convert to vB they will all go to the stock vB format. I appreciate that format isn't so bad, but i have previously indexed pages that i want to keep...

murph, Jun 19, 2006 IP