1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Convert PHP-Nuke to WordPress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by ishtar, Feb 27, 2007.

Like my topic says, does someone here know anything about it, on how to do it?
    I want to convert all the news items from php-nuke to wordpress, and if possible also the users.

:p

ishtar, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  2. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    You can try the Import tool in WordPress, where RSS option is available. Use that to import the file you downloaded from within PHP-nuke admin panel (you should have it in .xml format).

Other than that, phpnuke full conversion to WordPress would not be a straight forward task since we are talking about 2 scripts that are intended for different purposes. One is a blog, the other is a portal script. You will likely not be able to match the two, functionality wise.

Clive, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  3. ishtar

ishtar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i know we're talking about two different scripts here, but all i wanted to convert actually is the news part.
    uptill now, the only way i know how to do it, is by copy pasting all the news items into the new one, by setting the exact date.
    this way i loose all the comments, and i dont know how to keep my users, they would have to register again, and i dont want that.

soo.........does anyone here ever converted a php-nuke site to wordpress? please reply on this topic.

ishtar, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  4. Hernan

Hernan Peon

Best Answers:
    a friend of mine has converted his phpnuke to wp using this script:
    www . csamuel.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/pnconvert.txt

it is for postnuke, but you just change the name of the tables and you will get crazy after look to your new wp blog :)

Hernan, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  5. Mesum

Mesum Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you'll have to convert the PHP-Nuke to PostNuke first and then use the link Hernan has posted. Still not a fool proof plan.

Mesum, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  6. Hernan

Hernan Peon

Best Answers:
    mmm nup :p, here you have the script to convert your news on phpnuke to wordpress:

www. phpes.net/phpnuke_to_wp.txt (rename it to .php :p)

Hernan, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  7. SpringCypress

SpringCypress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if all you're wanting to convert is your news then use the built in rss importer

SpringCypress, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  8. Hernan

Hernan Peon

Best Answers:
    the rss importer doesn't work with phpnuke..

Hernan, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  9. victor-wd

victor-wd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to convert PHP-Nuke to WordPress is gConverter.com, I've also searched for other solutions but there isn't any, by now, gConverter is a professional service who is converting 64 different CMS, included PHP-Nuke to WordPress.

victor-wd, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  10. andreisaioc

andreisaioc Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea i tried gconverter once and helped me a lot, with transforming bbpress to phpbb. Its very good

andreisaioc, Jun 4, 2011 IP