1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Convert old HTML site to Joomla site and get more traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by WebtoolMaster, May 6, 2018.

Hi,

I have a very old (over 15 years) website in HTML 4 (CSS with good on- and off-page links, metatags and so on). It change one or two times per year on this website only. So a CMS is not needed, bacause I had made it with Texteditors and so on. The sites have over 100 pages with articles in one language. Different languages exists. (over 1000 pages) I have lot of visitors per day over search engines, so my question follow.

When I generate a Joomla-Site (copy, paste articles, use the same keywords, use same link to other sites, and so on), give this more traffic over search engine or is the work to danger? I will insert 301 to new html sites. I know the technical site, but I am not sure of the sides to search engines.

Bring more traffic over search engines, when I use new CM-Systems or not?

WebtoolMaster, May 6, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The search engines will follow your 301 instructions.
    The advantage of using Joomla or any content manager is to the human - you get better control and can work more efficiently.

Joomla will have a mod to create the xml feed you upload to Google Webmasters. I don't know how you've been doing that but it's probably been a tedious process to remember to do. It is, however, a no-brainer.

sarahk, May 6, 2018 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would leave that site alone if I were you. Why risk losing traffic? Looks like the search engines like your current site. You can't just revamp the whole thing expecting that your ranking and traffic stay the same. They may, but they may also go totally down the drain. Just google "site lost traffic after redesign" and similar queries to find out the pitfalls of redesigning (changing CMS of) a site.

qwikad.com, May 7, 2018 IP