1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Convert FLV to AVI

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Iinderman, Nov 20, 2010.

Hello,

I tried some software in order to convert FLV to AVI but all of these got a lower quality than the original file. When I open the converted AVI I can clearly see the quality is worst than the FLV.

What software I have to use in order to have the same quality?

Iinderman, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  2. Actaviosan

Actaviosan Guest

Best Answers:
    I've looked it up more, and found this article about the whole conversion from FLV to AVI without quality-loss:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/FLV_to_AVI_Conversion_Guide_page1.html

Actaviosan, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  3. graspit

graspit Peon

Best Answers:
    graspit, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  4. Iinderman

Iinderman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried this software but when I tried to open with another software and it give me an error.
    Look like that software doesn't really convert the file in a good way.

Iinderman, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  5. Actaviosan

Actaviosan Guest

Best Answers:
    Did you read the article I attached?

Actaviosan, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  6. kevin5fan

kevin5fan Peon

Best Answers:
    AVS Video Convertor Is the best go google it!

kevin5fan, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    total video converter...

google for it,..

robyries, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  8. jumpjump

jumpjump Peon

Best Answers:
    For converting flv to avi, mpeg, etc. I use Moyea FLV to Video Converter
    http://www.flvto.net/
    This software easily can convert these files. I use it for a long time and I haven't any problem with it.
    There is a free trial version without time limit.
    You can try it too.

jumpjump, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  9. sanddy77

sanddy77 Peon

Best Answers:
    "I am trying to find the most cost effective way to convert YouTube flv files to AVI for Mac OS X with which I can make it simple to play FLV on my computers / DVD players... plz suggest a solution which is free to download and is fully working ...even on a trial basis?"

With some tricks, it's now possible to download the videos that hosted and shared on online video sites such as YouTube and Google Video, instead of just watching the video embedded on the websites.

Some video files that are downloaded from these online video hosting sites may be in the format of Flash Video (.flv). For whatever reasons, such as prefer to view and store the videos in MP4 format, or want to play the offline video clips in portable player such as iPad and PSP, or simply don't like to view it with FLV Player, then there is a need to convert the .flv video format to another format such as avi, mov, wmv and .mpg. It’s easy to convert FLV files to WMV, AVI or any other format you prefer with some tools and conversion utilities like iFunia FLV Converter that can be used to do the media format conversion.

If you are looking for Desktop conversion software then iFunia FLV Converter for Mac is the best one. This one is fully compatible with Snow Leopard. It can handle FLV to AVI conversion and can convert also FLV to nearly anything you would want on Mac. The program also supports batch conversion so you can add multiple FLV video in a queue and quickly grab a cup of coffee while the program converts them to the desired AVI format. Here are the easy steps.

Step 1. Run iFunia FLV Converter for Mac and add FLV video files
    Download and run iFunia FLV Converter on your Mac and click the big button "Add..." to add FLV video files, you may add as many FLV videos as you want for batch conversion.

(Optional) Merge some separate FLV videos to 1 single file
    This is optional. But if you want to output one single file for easily sharing with your friends, simply click on the video titles you'd like to merge , then click 'Merge' button and uncheck the former separate files if you just need the single merged video file. Here 'click on the video titles' is not just check the options, you need to click them to make them highlight. You may see the image below to have an idea.

Step 2. Select the prefer format from the output format list
    Select a prefer output format for each video file, here I choose "avi". And then specify a directory on your computer to save the output files.If you’re familiar with the 'Xvid/DivX' compression format used for those TV-shows rips, you might know how nicely compressed those AVI videos are. Here we set the output video format to XviD AVI format which provides a best compromise between file size and video quality. Remember that the output file size mostly depends on the Bitrate you set. Larger Bitrate, larger file size. Actually video with bitrate as 768 is acceptable for watching.

Step 3. Start converting FLV videos
    Now you may click the big button "Start" to begin converting FLV on Mac. The convert progress bar shows you how much of the encoding is completed. The encoding time will depend on several variables including: the duration of the video file, the speed of your computer, what other activity your computer is currently doing and the bitrate you set.

Tips:
    * iFunia FLV Converter comes with two modes of conversion: convert FLV to video and convert video to FLV, you can choose the model at the beginning.
    ** FLV to Video mode helps you convert FLV files to all popular video and audio formats, such as converting FLV to AVI, FLV to MP4, FLV to WMV, FLV to MP3, FLV to MOV and more.
    ** Video to FLV mode helps you convert all the main-stream video formats to FLV video, such as converting AVI to FLV, MP4 to FLV, 3GP to FLV, WMV to FLV, MPEG to FLV and more.
    * You can do simple editing like trimming, cropping, adding special effects, watermark to video and deinterlace video by clicking "Edit". Real-time preview provided while editing.
    * You can preview the video by selecting the video and clicking Play in the preview pane. You can also take snapshot and save them as jpg, bmp file while preview.

sanddy77, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  10. nellee

nellee Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I use AVS video converter. Its a commercial solution and cost about $39 US dollars, but its been well worth it. And, you can convert the video to all types of formats
    and not just FLV. Here is the free download link: flash-video-soft.com/avs-video-converter
    Hope it helps.

nellee, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  11. porto

porto Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for info, but I prefer touse Macvide FlashVideo Converter ( www.macvide.com )

porto, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  12. kerryzeng

kerryzeng Peon

Best Answers:
    Dose your FLV files has a good quality, original video's quality decide the converted one's. Converting is transcoding, lose quality is normal, can't be same.
    And you have to set right in the output profile, check if you selected "low" in the settings. I know many converters has a quality option, low, medium, high

kerryzeng, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  13. shigeesh

shigeesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Please check for the given link ...the software is providing at most good quality.... flvtoaviconverter(.)com...

shigeesh, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  14. love**

love** Peon

Best Answers:
    Please go the website
    www.flvconverter.com
    In this website you can convert
    online song easily.try it.

love**, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  15. space river

space river Peon

Best Answers:
    there is too many flv to avi programs converter
    but always
    there is a lose in quality,or some errors and bad sound

space river, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  16. JohnLeonard

JohnLeonard Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity....Why are you tryoing to convert to AVI? Its is huge file sizes....

Are you posting streaming video?

JohnLeonard, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  17. Konata

Konata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use AlltoAvi. It's free and well.. the name says it all. Converts anything to AVI it's also simple to navigate with a lot of help features. I have used this program for awhile and found no problems with the quality.

Konata, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  18. CrazyCraptic

CrazyCraptic Peon

Best Answers:
    The fastest and most efficient free video editing software i used has been SUPER. This program has helped me convert videos with minimal quality corruption.

CrazyCraptic, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  19. Doom23

Doom23 Peon

Best Answers:
    What for me, i prefer use macvide. com Macvide FlashVideo Converter
    It's prog for converting flash files to different video format.I like this simple program.

Doom23, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  20. Albert99

Albert99 Peon

Best Answers:
    To convert videos i always use total video convertor . Is te best video convertor i have ever tried.

Albert99, Dec 7, 2010 IP