1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) tools

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mehdi.b, Aug 18, 2015.

Hey everyone, once in a while I get asked by my clients to create some list of tools they can use so I look at the profiles, target audience, their abilities and budget and then offer some tools. Recently we have been working on some conversion rate optimisation CRO tools and here is a very small list of what I suggest to my clients.

And here is the list, although there are any other tools, remember here is the list which requires small investment, it is easy to implement and manage and also has good results:

Analytical tools:
    • Google analytics: Do I even need talk about how helpful is the data gathered from Google analytics?
    • Crazyegg: You can read my complete write up about Crazyegg on my blog, it is a very useful tool that tracks your visitors’ mouse. The insight gained from these reports are priceless.

User trust:

• Shopper Approve: No doubt that you need to capture trust of your visitors, one of the tested methods is to have your actual paying customers, review you and provide testimonials . Shopper Approved is one of the tools we are using to capture customer ratings and reviews. Read more about it on my blog.
    On-site tools:
    • Pop-ups: A very good tool to capture attention of visitors, especially if they are leaving the website. But remember there must be a balance, too many pop-ups are annoying and have reverse effects.
    • Hellobar: Somehow similar to the pop-up but instead of disturbing the visitors’ experience, it is a bar that stays on top or bottom of the page. It is especially good for capturing details of visitors.
    • Floating buttons: Floating buttons are used for social media share, contact forms or even downloads. They stick to the page and help guiding visitors to completing goals.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    Mehdi.b, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  2. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    Great points, and I concur on the pop-ups part. Personally, I hate them: they're intrusive and extremely annoying especially if you're viewing a video or reading a blog entry. I think WordPress allows you to time pop-ups :)

I've also did a bit of reading on CRO, and this is what I came up with:

http://www.seoexpertpage.com/learn-more-conversion-rate-optimization/

mikhailblaze, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  3. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do Agree with the pop-ups, if it is not timed or done the right way they become so freaking annoying. There are design CRO tools which are mostly about UX design practices that I don't have them here, but soon will write a piece about that as well

Mehdi.b, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  4. Digideo

Digideo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If they use Wordpress, there are a couple of great plugins like Yoast SEO and others https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/conversion-optimization.

Digideo, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  5. PriscillaForts

PriscillaForts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Besides Crazzyegg is another conversion rate optimization tool that works on exit intent technology. I have used Crazzyegg and I love it because it's easy and has cool features.

PriscillaForts, Oct 1, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  6. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love it since they addedd the IP address block it has become even better. REally good insights into your website and visitors.

Mehdi.b, Oct 4, 2015 IP