1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion Optimizer v. Manual Bidding

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Tim Sanner, May 30, 2014.

Hello everyone, first post here.

I've been running a few campaigns and have been bidding all keywords manually. This has been fairly successful.

I've been skeptical of using Conversion Optimizer, but a few weeks ago I figured I would test it out to see how well it worked. It seems that my CPA has gone up with conversion optimizer turned on, and my conversion rate has dropped a bit.

Should I let it play out a little longer? If anyone has experience or input I would love the insight.

Tim Sanner, May 30, 2014 IP
  2. lordxor

lordxor Member

Best Answers:
    Conversion Optimizer need some time to get data about conversions and then optimize. Depends on how many conversion you daily get. If few, it takes much more time to work effective.
    Let it play little longer but still watch... By my experience in some cases Conversion Optimizer is less effective, than manual bidding.

I'm solving same issue now, I decided to wait fow a longer time. This is how it looks now:

Manualy bidding: 4-5 € CPA
    1. week of Conversion Optimizer: 12,46 € CPA
    2. week of Conversion Optimizer: 18,17 € CPA
    3. week of Conversion Optimizer: 10,41 € CPA

You can see dramatic CPA raise, but it looks like it's falling down now. So wating.

lordxor, Jul 4, 2014 IP