1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion optimized shopping cart

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by garyfugere, Jun 8, 2006.

I am setting up a simple ecommerce site to sell about a dozen online services. I already have a merchant Account. Now I am looking for a shopping cart or template with a shopping cart that has been optimized for maximum Conversions.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

garyfugere, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    A shopping cart seems overkill for a dozen products/services. Why not just have a page for each with a paypal button?

mad4, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  3. garyfugere

garyfugere Peon

Best Answers:
    The folks that study this sort of stuff tell me that an ecommerce site with only a paypal button would starve to death. A simple secured check out process that accepts anyform of payment is a must to optimize conversions.

garyfugere, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK maybe paypal isn't the best but you don't really need a full shopping cart. Just use a button to your payment gateway on the page instead of paypal.

mad4, Jun 9, 2006 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think mad may be correct in that you really don't need a "shopping cart" per say. It is easier to optimize for search engines without one.

There are a number of free shopping carts out there that are simple, but you will still need a gateway, etc..

You can always use this shopping cart with gateway, merchant account, and more. (yes, affiliate link, but I use the system currently and have been for about 5 years)

debunked, Jun 9, 2006 IP
    bogart likes this.
  6. marriedbliss

marriedbliss Peon

Best Answers:
    All the sites my company runs that need shopping carts use 1ShoppingCart. The cart itself is really easy to use, and all you have to do is include a link or your own button graphic on otherwise search-engine optimized pages, so the cart doesn't interfere with SEO at all ...

We've used this for close to a year now, and it's really simplified our business as well because you can also manage e-mail lists, set up autoresponders, etc. I'm a huge fan because it means the boss doesn't make me manually do all this stuff anymore. :)

marriedbliss, Jun 9, 2006 IP