1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion html site to wordpress questions

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by plrinfo4u, Oct 9, 2013.

I wish to convert this site at funclownentertainment dot com to wordpress !

What problems can occur if the programmer I hire to do the conversion does not do the conversion correctly ?

If done incorrectly, can it be corrected, what additional headaches and additional expenses will I occur to correct the problem ?

What questions should I ask the person who is going to do the job to ensure he or she knows what they are doing ?

Is it something I can do on my own, what skills will I need to get it done ?

plrinfo4u, Oct 9, 2013 IP
  2. WPLOL

WPLOL Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't get clearly what you mean?
    You want to hire someone to do the conversion for you, then don't worry he won't make it correctly because you pay him based on the result he will be delivering.
    If you want to do it yourself, you'll have to be familiar with HTML, CSS and also wordpress codex.

Actually after taking a look at the site, I don't think it's too difficult to convert it to wordpress.

WPLOL, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  3. SystemOAD

SystemOAD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Considering you have no design and no scripts running on the site it would be a simple case of copying all the content to wordpress. In other words you don't need to "convert" the site at all, you'll simply be creating a wordpress site, making the same urls and moving content to the correct pages.

Once that's done, you will also want to create some redirects in the .htaccess to redirect all .html variations to the non .file variation as wordpress don't use .html etc on the end of its urls.

If you're still looking for some to do the work I would be happy to do it for you, just PM me with your time requirements and budget, and I will see if I can fit you in :) Failing that, you could always do it yourself, but if you don't want any down time you will need to do some juggling about with wordpress in a different subdomain which is the trickiest part IMO.

SystemOAD, Oct 10, 2013 IP