1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conversion completions error after adding secondary dimension to reports

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Sofia Schneider, Nov 4, 2019.

I have been clicking around analytics and saw that the following problem: When adding a secondary dimension to reports (both custom and dashboard), sometimes the conversion numbers (goal completions) will get messed up. By “messed up”, I mean certain numbers, for example 8, will be repeated in a way that makes no sense.

• The main problem here is that the error is not coming from any specific account, dimension, report or combination of these.
    • I tried to find a pattern regarding in which instances this is occurring (e.g. when combining device category and campaign in a locations report), but it all seems very random to me.
    • The only consistency that I can spot is that the error only shows on the completed conversions column (all steps).

Furthermore, there is another interesting insight:

• This error starts appearing when taking a time frame of longer than 60 days
      • Sept 3rd – Nov 3rd; conversion completions jump from 0 to 1 – so I’m assuming (only) the data for this period is correct
      • Sept 1st – Nov 3rd; conversion completions jump from 0 to 2
      • July 1st – Nov 3rd; conversion completions jump from 0 to 3
      • Jan 1st – Nov 3rd; conversion completions jump from 0 to 8
      • And so on….

In this case, I looked at these two reports and got these same results highlighted above:

1. Audience < Geo < Location Report; primary dimension “Country”, secondary dimension “Campaign”, filtered by de_diving.
    2. Acquisition < Google Ads < Keywords; primary dimension “Keyword, secondary dimension “Criteria ID”, no filter.
    I appreciate any help i can get on this since I am completely in the dark here. Thanks!

Sofia Schneider, Nov 4, 2019 IP