1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Control Panel - Addon Domains effect SEO ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by William Martin, Dec 1, 2005.

1. cabron

cabron Peon

Best Answers:
    If you interlink them it is quite true.

cabron, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  2. searchtheweb123

searchtheweb123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think everyone makes a good point. Just use your best judgment.

1. Do not link add on's to eachother
    2. Do not add on more than 10 domains.
    3. No duplicate content.
    4. Keep the majority of your backlinks clean.
    4. Don't use spammy code techniques.

I still see spammy sites ranking all the time with dup content, interlinking, etc. but the point is they will eventually get caught.

If you're trying to keep your sites legit (white hat SEO) follow steps 1-5.

If you're a spammer do the exact opposite. :eek:

searchtheweb123, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  3. jellyk4

jellyk4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still confused,,
    tell me one thing If I have more than 3, 4 separate domain in same hosting or same ip address, than It will affect my sites ranking in google.

jellyk4, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  4. duddits

duddits Guest

Best Answers:
    Im having like 20 addons on same server, linked one to another and never had probems. All of those sites are written in different languages and ranked on top1-5 for theyr kw's.

Now I'm considering 10 more addons on same host and Im not that sure of my decision.. even after reading this whole topic + 20 more articles, I know same as I knew yesterday :(

I guess Ill go for 2nd IP for my next 10 domains just to be sure...

It just aint right lol...

duddits, May 29, 2009 IP
  5. c0rrup

c0rrup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 0 problems with addon domains and easily rank high in google with my sites linking to eachother. I believe this is a myth.

c0rrup, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  6. affiliates4seo

affiliates4seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Google stores its data by domain name, but not by IP.

So, mulitple addon domains doesn't effect seo.

But, because of few problems by the hosting providers: Google caching one domain in place of the other from the same host (from your addon domains) which effects your seo work.

So, choose a best host to host multiple domains.

affiliates4seo, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  7. Wolf_hsac

Wolf_hsac Banned

Best Answers:
    No need to worry, I used to wonder about the same thing but found out it doesn't have a negative impact.

Wolf_hsac, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  8. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is utterly false. Most websites on the web are on shared IPs... and frequently link to other sites on the same IP and same IP block naturally. Most people who start a blog or website start out with shared hosting at Godaddy or hostgator or some other hosting company... When they do this, their domain is hosted on the same IP as hundreds of other sites. This is VERY common and Google and the other engines do NOT penalize you for this alone.

If you have 5 or 10 related sites hosted on the same IP, you can interlink those sites without fear of penalty. All of the links will be counted and carry full weight. This is NOT considered a link farm as long as the sites are related in content and it's not an unreasonable number of sites.

If on the otherhand you have 50, 100, or 1000+ sites all registered to the same person (common registrant name and/or common registrant address and/or common registrant email and/or common registrant phone) then regardless of whether they are hosted on the same IP or not... you are putting your sites at risk. Google will likely see these as a link farm since no one person or company typically ever has the resources to be adding unique and compelling content to 50, 100, or 1000+ sites on a regular basis. Even if each has it's own IP, Google can see your registrant info and can figure out what you're doing if not in an automated fashion... then by manual review of your site should you get reported.

Canonical, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  9. azyrex

azyrex Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site sitting on my root folder as addon domain and in different niche than the main. Google did spider my site in matter of hours.
    I am also quoting-ServiceUptime " if websites are on the same IP they will have no linking value to each other. Only outside links have values" end quote, I agree and it's true and please let me explain:
    If you have a lot addon domains in the same server, it's ok to interlink them in natural way as long as the topics and themes can be related to each other but the links have no value in the eyes of google, it's only good for cross promoting your sites.
    This makes sense because the uncle google is not stupid to let everyone get a network of interlinked sites on the same IP and get rewarded for it, that would destroy search engines as a lot of marketers spammers would abuse of the chance just like in craigslist.
    As far as addon domains, just look at shared hosting and how many sites are under the same IP address.

azyrex, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  10. james1911

james1911 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a solution if u host 2 sets of domain names. like one .com one .co.uk

use 2 different servers for both version of ur site.

i use usa based server for .com domains and uk basedd for .co.uk domains

james1911, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  11. Unkn0wnPlayer

Unkn0wnPlayer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know it's an old thread, but came here from a Google search.

In my experience if you host a few add-on domains and don't go crazy with interlinks, you'll be fine. Most hobbyist webmasters simply can't afford multiple hosting accounts for their couple of websites. I highly doubt Google would be looking to penalize them because they happen to use one hosting account on a shared server.

Now, if you run 300 add-on domains and interlink them all - that's going to be a totally different story.

Unkn0wnPlayer, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  12. ferpol72

ferpol72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this thread. Very interesting and useful indeed.

Here are my two cents.

I tried forwarding and subdomains, subfolders and so on in the past. Those worked relatively well
    in terms of being indexed on Google among other SEs. However, the URL was always the whole path
    hosted on my Main Hosting account.

For those subfolders and subdomains, I couldn't even verify them with my webmaster tools from Google.

Now, After trying the ADD DOMAIN option, all the tools that needed verification work just perfect.
    So, it is as if I had a complete hosting account, emails and so on, for free.

In fact, I am planning to have only a couple of hosting accounts and use that
    option saving hundreds of dollars a month from the individual hosting fees.

From my point of view, if those tools I mention, and mainly webmaster tools accept
    my ADD DOMAIN as hosted individually, and even show the content with the right URL
    Correct Title and so on, I don't think anyone should worry about working on SEO.

After all, we should remember the classic example of the "CLICK HERE" keyword phrase
    and the ADOBE ACROBAT READER website. SEO is mostly about backlinks from high PR sites
    and high traffic ones.

As I said, just my 2 cents. I might be wrong.

ferpol72, May 19, 2010 IP