1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content writing VS Copywriting

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by tulipweb, May 1, 2014.

1. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter for me if it is copywriting or content writing because 25-30% of content in the web is duplicated. The most important part here is does your content is engaging? Is it credible for sharing? that's all ;)

KylieSweet, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  2. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I feel copywriting and content writing is very different.
    It is much harder to be a copywriter than than a content writer.

In copywriting, the copywriter need to be more persuasive, need to do more research on(own product/services and understand your competitors). The copywriter need to use the right words that doesn't sound like a "salesman" and on the same time, lead the prospect to buy. The emotion trigger need to be there. And finally "call to action".
    I know people spend few years to learn copywriting.

As for content writer, they need to make sure the article is engaging, informative and not duplicate.

Melisa455, Jul 17, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  3. tuiykkwr

tuiykkwr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    In my view,Content writing is, to simply write an article on a given topic,on the contrary copywriting is to write something to promote or to advertise anything.

tuiykkwr, Oct 22, 2014 IP
  4. GirlfromIpanema

GirlfromIpanema Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, I in terms of online marketing activities, both copywriting and content marketing have the goal to sell something. But content writing works in a more subtle way, if you produce a lot of content which covers your product for example, people will actually consider the product itself newsworthy and worth trying in general. You can write an article on whatever the topic may be. But if you mention your product there and in the right context, you will give a nudge to the prospective users to get interested in it. Copywriting is actually more direct. It includes drafting of the texts for the ads, logos, website content, with a direct and overt message on your product or service.

GirlfromIpanema, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  5. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh my... sad day when people who claim to be writers, don't know the difference between content writing and copywriting.

TextServices, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  6. smellyfinger

smellyfinger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    it you know how to sell the content with a market price of $ 10 for $ 500, then you are a copywriter ;)

smellyfinger, Nov 3, 2014 IP
  7. Otto Baynes

Otto Baynes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Copywriting = sizzle
    Content writing = steak

They can be mutually exclusive for a writer if you're building a brand identity based on your real name / image. Especially if your area of focus is journalistic in nature or you're positioning yourself as a trusted authority on some subject. Copywriting frequently takes you into some scummier and more ethically compromising territory and if you sign your name to something like that you can potentially destroy your own content writing brand.

Otto Baynes, Nov 5, 2014 IP
  8. Creditor

Creditor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is incredible, these people too little. Yes, and this is probably known journalists.

Creditor, Nov 12, 2014 IP
  9. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree with this. In our company, we use "professional content writing" term in writing for a website that doesn't intend to sell.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  10. veggiemite

veggiemite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think most of us agree that copywriting involves some sort of hook, call to action and perhaps even selling (not always - sometimes the call to action is just getting people to call in).

With content writing, you need to ask what the client wants? Content writing can mean something as basic as churning boring how-to articles that no one except Google reads (i.e. low quality articles done only for SEO purposes). Or if could mean trendy "hot topic" content that's meant to cash in on this week's most viral topic on the internet. Or if could be high quality content - the type that takes forever to produce, but can bring readers to a site for years to come.

The question for copywriters is, which type of writing are you best at?
    (And what type of material do you really want to write every day?)

veggiemite, Jan 29, 2016 IP