1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Writing - Is it still possible to sell high

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Melisa455, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I quite understand that it's next to impossible to lower your quality as it directly affects your rep. Esp. if you've been delivering your best all the time, it's like being a different person altogether. But then the only way out would be to hunt for clients that value your work, are ready to pay for its real worth and understand the importance of employing only high-quality content for their websites.
    I don't think it's easy to come across such people in the global freelance market. A majority of it will be filled with stingy buyers. The solution to find high-paying clients would be to approach them through some other ways. I have posted some links here that should help with it – https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...et-high-paying-clients.2712504/#post-18915245.

Content Maestro, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  2. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you're experiencing is what every business person experiences. Most people try to get the most for the least. it's not unique to us.

It's frustrating, to be sure, but not uncommon. it's far easier when selling a physical product to demand and stick to a certain price. There is an intuitive understanding of production. With services, like writing, it's an ethereal product. We can all say that we're good, and that they'll make money with our writing, but there is no guarantee of that. For the client, it's a risk.

Now, we know the truth, but we do this every day. You might be dealing with a client who's never hired a writer before in their life. So they don't know what to pay. To them, $25 for a 1.5 page (500) word article might seem high.

It's a tricky game for us. The solution, as always, is to focus on iot just increasing your abilities as a writer, but as a sales person. Improving your income by focusing on bigger and more valuable clients.

There are many medium and large companies that think nothing of paying $100 per hour to a copywriter, or more. They have the experience to know what they're getting.

Small businesses will always be 'cheap" by our standards because of a combination of ignorance, inexperience, budgetary constraints and just plain greed :)

My advaie is to stick to your guns. if you have proof that you've been paid what you believe you're worth, then don't shy away from sticking to that. if you get a client to talk to you, either by phone or Skype, you have the opportunity to put your writing skills into practice in terms of your ability to sell. Sell them on you. If a guy will pay $20, he'll pay $25 or $30.

I say this a lot, but frankly, one of the big advantages of ODesk, for example, is the profile page. You can showcase a portfolio, list your previous work and have a rating. Additionally, you have reviews from clients.

Build up a solid profile on your favoriate freelance sites, and you'll find that you can command higher rates.

Then go out in the "real" world and get those clients who will pay you the real bucks.

SCookAAM, Jul 26, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  3. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That true and and well said.
    I guess to get high paying job is to go to business owner directly. Once you do a good job, they will refer you to someone else. Company have more money to pay and understand quality is important (at least to most company). Individual (freelancer) -they usually do not have much money to spend and do not bother on the quality.

Melisa455, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  4. Insight2013

Insight2013 Member

Best Answers:
    I agreed with Melisa. Go to where the money is. The webmasters are all out to make money. The business owner will readily pay your worth. So, seek them out. There is a way to get that done. I will write a post on it soon.

Insight2013, Jul 28, 2014 IP