1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content writing is about to lose its value

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by HomeDesigner, Jun 9, 2013.

Hello every member over there !

I have seen some - pretty hard to accept - facts about content writing, how would anyone accepts selling his own words, ideas and writing style for $0.50 /100w. ? What the Heck ?! I honestly don't want to mention [ some ] nationalities, but they are literally killing the business of content writing. You don't really have to do this guys, ask for a reasonable price, i have not done this for so long but I remember telling clients that they will get what they are paying for.
    Writers might agree or disagree, but it's truly unfair for someone who does his best while writing any kind of articles.

HomeDesigner, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  2. Amadish

Amadish Member

Best Answers:
    $0.50/100 words is not a bad rate

Amadish, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  3. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, It won't lose It's value. Not yet. If you're good enough, you'll be well paid. Thats a fact... still a fact.

alexandrubitca, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    Senobia likes this.
  4. Amadish

Amadish Member

Best Answers:
    Alexandra u r right

Amadish, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  5. Waqar Akram

Waqar Akram Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bro , you would be living in a developed country but this is not the case for everyone, People from some countries particularly poor ones, just need money so badly that they sell their words , ideas for so small price,

I think they are the victims here, Hope you got my point

Waqar Akram, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  6. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is a shame that DP can't come up with some sort of fair pricing policy, everyone gets paid the same (decent) rate for good quality work. I know those buying the writing might get put off by higher prices but there is a lot of trade happening here so it might work. At least that way everyone would get a fair crack at the whip without losing out and those in the poorer countries have a decent wage. In an ideal world there would be an even playing field but unfortunately that is not the world we live in. Until the buyers are willing to pay more for the work they want some of us are going to continue to struggle.

Emma Pollard, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  7. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with you, your level may be just the same as someone else, but he is asking for less money.

HomeDesigner, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  8. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    So where d we find these decent paying gigs, I would love to know so I can earn a decent living without having to be awake all night doing the cheap jobs which pile up as I have to take so many just to earn a half decent wage!!

9. HomeDesigner

Best Answers:
    What i'm trying to say dear friend is, any writer should ask for a reasonable amount of money * online * no matter where he lives. If all writers agree on a minimum price which is more than $0.50/100w., every content seeker will HAVE to pay it because it's the only one available, United min. price would be a good solution.

Emma Pollard likes this.
  10. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    Well, that's a default price dumping strategy. The solutions I see is whether you lower your prices (and I believe you won't go whits this), or screw the rival and search for clients in other niche, or ally with a friend of yours (or a freelancer) a person that is a good seo, marketer, SMM, designer (and so on) and offer your clients an improved service package (something more that just copywriting) at a negotiable reasonable price. I'm doing this with a group of freelancers and now I really don't care about the rivals.

11. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    That would be the best solution for the problem, however, those working from developing countries need to make money and are likely to be concerned about losing all of their work. This I can understand, is it better to have some low paying work than no higher paying work? As a single mother with kids to feed this is extra tough for me, I need decent paying work to feed the kids but can't get it so I take what I can get, but to earn enough to live I have to work crazy hours, or so I thought. I am currently working towards changing this as I see no point working to improve our standard of living if I have no time to spend with my kids as this is the reason I do what I do.
    There will always be a demand for cheap labor if there is a supply of it, sad but true. :(

12. HomeDesigner

Best Answers:
    Your case is way tougher than others, you are depending on writing a lot, as for me I would do it for an extra cash only.
    What niches do you write about the most ?

13. HomeDesigner

Best Answers:
    No worries mate, soon you'll have rivals doing exactly what you are doing with competitive yet cheap prices.

14. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The solution is obvious Emma, find a rich guy...marry him....problem solved.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 10, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  15. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    Sure the'll do the exact thing soon, but the idea is that I'm the first one doing it. When the new ones will appear, I'm pretty sure that I'll be much more trusted in this niche. So they'll have to work very very hard :)

16. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Lol I like your thinking, don't suppose you know anyone? :)

17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I know *lots* of rich ones but the're all arrogant, egotistical a**holes. The good ones are all poor, so can't help you with that.:oops:

Emma Pollard likes this.
  18. HomeDesigner

Best Answers:
    It's bad actually, i'll tell you how, suppose you are cool with this price, and you have too many clients, means you are writing about 10 articles /day, each around 500 words, simple math says it's $25 / Day, around $750/month.

It may seem like a good thing but follow up with me, according to what i said above, you'll be writing about 300 articles / month probably you are not making any researches since you may know what you are writing about, and the fact that you must deliver the article on time will leave you no time for researches . 60% to 70% of these articles will be quit similar with a little changes on the sentences structure and the use of the adjectives, ( Yes we all can play it smart ), I can challenge you for that.

On the other hand, suppose you are a writer with a good reputation, you write about 5 articles / week, you have time to do lots of researches, to read about lots of things, to teach your self before educating the reader, you have time to write with a style and leave your personal touch on your articles which will make you stand out and get noticed.

It's shouldn't be 100% about money mate, keep a good share to the passion of writing.

19. HomeDesigner

Best Answers:
    LOL, should I look for a rich lady ?

20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    What this *really* means is that you'll get burnt out and eventually hate the thing you love (writing). I've seen this happen many times to writers. It's akin to denying a flower sun and water, and the thing withers and dies.