1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content writer available

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Trojanfan, Sep 5, 2005.

Hello,

My name is Brandon. I am a freelance content writer who has done work for a wide range of topics and web sites. Normally my work consists of movie/game reviews, feature articles, finance/business related, hosting (apache, cpanel, introductions, etc.), copywrite, humor, and lifestyle articles. However, I pride myself on being concise, using a unique style, and appealing to readers and therefore I believe I can handle any topic. I have excellent grammar and spelling skills. I have been writing since I was a child, but only for the past three years have I been doing paid work in the freelance field.

My rates are extremely flexible however I generally prefer $0.02 to $0.03 per word at the base minimum depending on the type of article. Over time, as I prove myself to the employer, I do hope for additional payment for articles. Price reductions will be given for large orders of articles.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I have plenty of examples available and they can be e-mailed to you at any time for your reference.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Brandon

Trojanfan, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you serious? You wrote 2 articles for me then disappeared. My suggestion would be to not work with you - there are many other writers out there who are much more responsive/professional.

GuyFromChicago, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  3. Trojanfan

Trojanfan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I told you what happened and you decided to end the work. I was out of town for a week and a half. I am back now though and am free to do more work.

Trojanfan, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I responded to your e-mail right after you sent it. Here's a clip:

I then asked for an additional article and gave you a topic.

I sent that on August 29 and as of today had not received a response. So today I sent:

From August 4th through today you did a total of two articles for me when I had asked for 3 - 4 a week. As I said earlier, there are a dozen other people right here at DP that will handle things in a more professional fashion.

5. Trojanfan

Trojanfan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, I did two articles for you in 4 days, which is exactly what you wanted. Since then I have been gone.

I never received your response saying you wanted more articles when I got back otherwise I would have written them for you.

I handle my writing matters very professionally. When I was actually writing for you the work was turned in just how you wanted it and the exact time frame that you requested.

6. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    From what I know Trojanfan is rather trustable so this may of just been a "did not read email" issue, but im not calling GFC a lier.

Trojanfan; Remember piss one person of on DP you may never be able to start doing the same thing, DP members are connected webwide on major forums

GuyFromChicago; Did you lose anything? (except time)

soapbath, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No it's not, and you haven't been gone for a month.

I said:

You agreed (I won't quote your e-mail) and asked about the pay rate so we were clear.

I then said:
    That was on August 8th. You sent me article #1 on August 10 and article #2 on August 14th. BTW, that's 6 days, not 4.

You could have PM'd or e-mailed me.

Based on all my records & our communication you were writing for me until this morning when I e-mailed you and said forget it. You did not give me exactly what I wanted - not even close.

Maybe my experience was unusual but I felt compelled to share when I saw you soliciting more business here this morning right after I had e-mailed you saying I wasn't interested in working with you any longer.

Sorry, just saw your post after I had responded. Had to go back and do a little edit:)

I'm not pissed. Had I been, I would have posted about this last week. I just felt compelled to offer my experience with this DP member after I saw him soliciting additional business this morning.

And no, I really didn't lose anything other than time, effort, and the chance to bring on another writer (they've since accepted another assignment).

The quality of the writing was fine. The timeliness and communcation were very poor.

8. Trojanfan

Trojanfan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not sure why you are bringing up payment details?

I was gone from the 15th to the 26th out of town. I stopped working for you the day I got back because there was an e-mail in my inbox from you saying you wanted to call it a day. So no, I was not working for you until this morning.

I started working for you on the 9th, the day I looked over your last e-mail to me about the agreement on the writing. My first article was submitted the next day, and then the next article 4 days later. That is two articles in five days and you wanted 2-3 a week. That is what you requested.

I am sorry that there were problems but I did not expect to have to leave so suddenly and I had no internet access while I was gone. Really though, this should have been discussed elsewhere and not in my topic.

9. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is a perfect spot for this to be discussed. Had I been raving about how great everything was I'm sure you wouldn't have had a problem with it.

I won't argue with you about dates...I have the whole e-mail string with all the dates attached. I never indicated I wasn't going to work with you any longer until this morning.

Back to business. Best of luck to you.

10. Trojanfan

Trojanfan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry about the confusion but I hope things have been worked out in your mind.

Trojanfan, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  11. Quality Master

Quality Master Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you write about Mac's?

Quality Master, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  12. Trojanfan

Trojanfan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what aspects of macs? Running them or like hardware, upcoming features, etc?

Trojanfan, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  13. Trojanfan

Trojanfan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    still available for work

Trojanfan, Sep 10, 2005 IP