1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content & Targeting Issue in eCommerce Websites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by arnavlinks, Oct 11, 2017.

I've 3 eCommerce websites (target language: English) and 2 (A,B) Set of Products.

1. With Website 1 (e.g: example.com) and products set A & B (e.g: French Shoes & French Shirts), I want to target for country France at google.fr
    2. With Website 2 (e.g: example1.com) and product set A (e.g: French Shoes), I want to target for country UK at google.co.uk.
    3. With Website 3 (e.g: onlyexample.com) and product set B (e.g: French Shirts), I want to target for country UK at google.co.uk.

My Questions Are:

i. Can I do it as mentioned in 1,2,3? - Will it not face any duplicate content issues and/or ranking issues?
    ii. If it's possible - how to make Google search bot understand so that it doesn't get caught by Google penalty?

My worries are because, in Website 2 [same set of products (A) & SKUs already in Website 1] and Website 3 [same set of products (B) & SKUs already in Website 1] the products set will I use it's already being targeted in Website 1.

I can change the promotional descriptions, but not the product description, product title and SKUs as these are ecommerce products.

- Please help to clear my confusion.

arnavlinks, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you change only the promotional description then I think it will be enough. See its the like selling ''Sony Bravia OLED TV" they are both featured in Flipkart and Amazon. Both product's description are same. You can't change the product after all it is what it is.

mrb1129, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  3. arnavlinks

arnavlinks Member

Best Answers:
    But, Flipkart and Amazon's are giant worldwide popular eCommerce.. I don't think they need to bother too much about SEO part.. they've already a huge popular brand name, people searches for Flipkart and Amazon as search terms with products...

But, what about new or not popular eCommerce sites who struggles a lot for product rankings and depends on SEO? Does the rule goes same for them?

arnavlinks, Oct 19, 2017 IP