1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Management System Plugins For WORDPRESS

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Sunshine, Apr 18, 2006.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of any content management system plugins for wordpress that makes wordpress more a CMS than a blog?

I would like to use it to manage a membership site that includes member subscriptions, member areas, articles, download area, and a forum.

I know many people recommend Joomla but honestly I am already familiar with wordpress and really like it and would prefer to stick with it if I could.

Thanks,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  2. battra

battra Peon

Best Answers:
    Semiologic has plugins that turn WP to CMS. But there are a lot of WP plugins out there so chances are you can find one for each feature you want (forum, etc). Start at WP's plugins page

battra, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    I've visited semiologic and even looked through codex for plugins but I haven't been able to run into anything that can do exactly what I'm trying to create with wordpress, i.e. set up a subscription site with a members area, download area, forum and an area for articles.

So, if anyone knows of anything, please post them here.

Thanks,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  4. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have installed WP than you can find a list within the admin panel that takes you to sites that have a large library of plugins. I believe that I did see one on one of the links here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ Those links lead to all the plugins that I know of. I use alot of them for my site as well. Hope it helps you.

TheNetCode, Apr 19, 2006 IP
  5. Intlws

Intlws Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a WordPress component for Joomla that installs WP into Joomla and then you can get Remository or DocMan for your downloads section. This could possibly do every thing you want. Then you have a good cms and have WordPress integrated. This may be an option for you.

Intlws, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  6. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! that's fantastic information. I think I'll add a few points to your reputation :)

And BTW, do you have any links for what you mentioned (WP plugin for joomla, remository, docman)

Thanks,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  7. Intlws

Intlws Peon

Best Answers:
    Sunshine,
    Here is a download link for Remository and DocMan: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,listcats/cat_id,1771/Itemid,35/
    And here is the link for the WordPress component: http://extensions.joomla.org/compon...rch/Itemid,35/searchword,word press/cat_id,0/

These are all direct from the Joomla extensions site at: http://extensions.joomla.org

According to Joomla they will release version 1.5 this month which is a big upgrade from version 1.0.8
    When you install Joomla I suggest you install the component JoomlaXplorer. It is a great file management system for Joomla that you can download from the extensions site. Soon I hope to have all the latest options and templates for Joomla available for free download on my Market Place site.

Good luck with your project and when you get it done feel free to post a link to your site in my directory.

Intlws, Apr 23, 2006 IP
    TheNetCode likes this.
  8. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Intlws...You've offered fantastic help here along with everyone else.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Regards,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 23, 2006 IP
  9. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:

Good information. Way to contribute. This actually benefits me as well. You have some rep coming.

Kevin

TheNetCode, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  10. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah...Intlws definitely offered some good information here.

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  11. blackdigerati

blackdigerati Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Sunshine, How did the Joomla Project go, did you get wordpess to work with it? I am working on a similar project and wanted to know if the two integrated nicely.

blackdigerati, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  12. andyoudontstop

andyoudontstop Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone found a worthwhile PHP3 BB bridge for Wordpress?

andyoudontstop, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    There is only one PHPbb bridge for Wordpress, and from what I hear, it can be a disaster - worse yet, it can corrupt your site to the point where an uninstall isn't possible.

Pixelrage, Jun 20, 2008 IP