1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content is still King

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jenny1985, May 27, 2009.

1. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one will go to your site with crappy content?

I've made thousands and thousands and thousands with crap content.

However, my good content takes less work to make more.

No. You could have the best content in the world and make almost no money for the next 100 years regardless of how old your site is or how long you've been taking up space in life.

Give the best content to the worst marketer and s/he won't come close to achieving what a great marketer with so-so content will.

"Content is king" is probably one of the most used and misunderstood lines out there. IMHO, it doesn't just mean lots of content and it doesn't mean quality content. It means having the right amount of the right content for the target audience to achieve the desired goal.

marketjunction, May 29, 2009 IP
  2. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think content is just a part of the equation. People should want to read that content. Sadly, most of the people here focus too much on getting higher page ranks or writing for the god called Google than focusing on content that people would want to read, watch or whatever they want to do with it.

cd928, May 30, 2009 IP
  3. jenny1985

jenny1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great point and very very true.

Good content only becomes good content online when it gets read, its doesnt matter how good it is if it doesnt get read.
    Its much easier to market great content and in the longrun people remember the author and the site and are much more willing to link to them in the future.

jenny1985, May 30, 2009 IP
  4. RadioBounce

RadioBounce Banned

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, even somone who has bad English but writes an article with interesting information that people will want, that blog will still succeed as English isn't alot of people's first language. But your right in saying that content is still king ;)

RadioBounce, May 30, 2009 IP
  5. syd13

syd13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree,. until now,content is the king,.
    if you want get traffic,build The Best content :D

syd13, May 31, 2009 IP
  6. WritingConsultation

WritingConsultation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do believe that content will always be king. Content is more than just being content, it is also educational for some people. Spinning articles will only create more similar articles that bring not much value to the blogosphere.

WritingConsultation, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  7. megaresp

megaresp Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more. Any marketing "strategy" built around machine-written copy in an effort to secure PageRank is laughable.

It won't be too long before all that effort implodes, and the site owner has to start again from scratch. Meanwhile, s/he could have invested the time in doing it right. Then each additional effort builds on what went before.

megaresp, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  8. ceemage

ceemage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. What matters to me is whether an article has an authentic "voice." Does it read as if it was written by somebody who understands - ideally loves - the subject matter and has something interesting to say about it? If so, I'm likely to forgive the odd slip in English, especially since none of us are perfect.

On the other hand, if a piece has clearly been (badly) re-written from another article, with just enough changes to get past Copyscape - and most of those changes have had the effect of brutalising the grammar or the flow of the piece - then, yeah, I'm probably not going to bother. SEO tricks may get me there the once, but I'm not going to be a repeat visitor.

All my own opinion, of course, and worth exactly what you paid for it...

ceemage, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  9. DJT123

DJT123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Skimming through these comments makes me think about the old days when I built a lot of topical sites with content to attract search traffic. I recommend building useful tools that people can use. It's really hard to create content that people link to. It has to be remarkable. It's easier I find and more effective to build simple, unique tools for users.

DJT123, Jun 6, 2009 IP
  10. AngieDixon

AngieDixon Guest

Best Answers:
    I love this: if you're building crap sites intentionally (those sites still rely on the content to make people want to leave by clicking on your ads)

I just wonder what people think the purpose of SEO is, if not to get someone to...look at your content? If it were possible to drive lots of traffic to a completely blank site, I am sure someone would do it. But what point would there be? You can't make money from a blank page. If you can, please tell me how!

AngieDixon, Jun 7, 2009 IP
  11. megaresp

megaresp Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course people will link to a great tool. You make sound like creating such a thing is a piece of cake.

Some people find it easy to create content, others tools. Here in the copy writing forum, it's not surprising to find people who write.

megaresp, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  12. CODForum

CODForum Guest

Best Answers:
    As one of my friends said:
    "Content is the King, but if noone sees your content, then whos gonna link to it? You need a link for someone to see your "King", so they can link to it, and theres no guarantee there gonna link to it, is there?"

CODForum, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  13. korquee

korquee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes , its true uniqueness is one important key to our reader. Good luck and be uniqueness.

korquee, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  14. korquee

korquee Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!, you know SEO is important but if your pages are empty is still useless to do SEO.., I hope you got my point.

korquee, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  15. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You just now noticed this? Where have you been looking on the Net for the last 10 years? This stuff is so rampant it stinks up the whole place, but it is a fact of life. Writing content is a pain in the rear-end and now that the economy is what it is people are trying to scrape whatever they can from wherever they can. I suspect that it will increase a million percent in the next year or two.

There is no solution for it either. It is just a fact of digital life. Like Napster, Pirate Bay and whatever else has come along to make the Internet a bad neighborhood.

Welcome to the Jungle!

BadBoyzStudioZ, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  16. satzzeichen

satzzeichen Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many uneducated people around here :-D don't trust anything you hear. Neither content nor seo is the real king. If your asking a real expert he will give you other things. But I don't want to confuse you ;-).

satzzeichen, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  17. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I doubt so. With good and regular contents, people will automatically visit your site regularly. The next thing you gotta do is to sell some ad space to make some good bucks. ;)

Sapphiro, Jun 15, 2009 IP
  18. imanpatrick

imanpatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    hi.. i think content, seo and marketing things always need each other.. they like human body,when something disappear or out of control, the whole body will death, am i right?

imanpatrick, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  19. pickagun

pickagun Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you ever follow "great content means links"?

Create your own damn links.

Write okay content, don't worry about researching unless its for your okay content. Write LOTS and LOTS of okay content. Boom, you're ranked.

Build LOTS and LOTS of sites filled with okay content that are also ranked.

Link them together or through some linking structures.

You now have backlinks.

pickagun, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  20. optimisation

optimisation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My response is logical. I agree with the fact that content is really king because of the fact that knowledge is power. Content reveals knowledge. Therefore content is power. It does not depend on how many people having it.

optimisation, Jun 19, 2009 IP