1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content is still King

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jenny1985, May 27, 2009.

Ive noticed a recent rise in bad content appearing on the web, to many spun articles or content written by people with a poor grasp of English.

This is so wrong and there needs to be a change.
    Great content equals links!
    If you write good content that is interesting and informative to the reader then you have more chance of the sharing the content through twitter, facebook, digg etc..
    Also other bloggers will link to your article and long term there seo benefits will make up for the extra time it takes to write content.

Remember unique content isnt about copyscape, its about the "uniqueness" of the content, what does it tell the reader, does it make them want to link to or share the post.

jenny1985, May 27, 2009 IP
  2. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    absolutely, but for me, I embrace all bloggers all over the world, as you may have noticed, English is not their mother language and it applies same to me too.

I thoroughly enjoy some blog entries even their english is not perfectly written..

but when I studied with my British professor, he once told students same thing, it really turns off readers with bad structure and poor English.. and I tend to agree about that..

Not trying to sit on the fence, but yea, I still like to read around as long as it gives me pleasure of reading and try as much as possible to ignore grammar or spelling errors....

the biggest turn-off for me might be, copy, paste thingy.. and plagiarism of a great content...

just my thoughts.

nandalinnaung, May 27, 2009 IP
  3. subagio

subagio Peon

Best Answers:
    i have heard that "content is king" is not alwayst true but the king is SEO the content is only queen

do you have opinion about it

subagio, May 27, 2009 IP
  4. nitrogen77

nitrogen77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it depends... if you are working in a flagship blog, where you are proud to show it... then yes, work your *ss in content.
    Do I care about the content?
    No. I can't care less... my sites have 1 objective, to make people click out of the site, click adsense and get me paid...

Content then is the last important thing.
    Do I care about the user? No. I care about creation of fast sites, link building, SEO...

does it works?

Yes. it does... I make a full living from it.

Can I work for you?
    It depends... it only works if you are willing to create sites day and night, night and day.

The formula doesn't work if you have 30 sites.... think of 100-200 well created, target and tight niche sites. Then content is not the king...
    what is the king is to be 1st in Google and get rank for your keyword.

- How many times you find a site 1st in Google with crap content? Many, many times...

anyway, I know many people don't agree... and they will cry saying that content is king, etc.. but while you build 1 site in 1 month, i created 50-70 in preowned domain names earned 10 times more than a pretty site with lovely content, perfect for all that people that keep thinking that 'social media" is the way to go.

nitrogen77, May 27, 2009 IP
  5. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No offense sugar, but you could've just as well screamed from the top of your lungs and with all the conviction of a Spanish inquisitor that the sky is blue.

You seem to misunderstand that the people who seek "unique" articles and those that actually want genuine content are two very different categories and that by putting them in the same unforgiving bucket you're insulting them both.

Here's your homework for today: Google up and find out what MFA, splogs and doorway pages mean. A world of understanding will open up for you.

Regards, George

geegel, May 27, 2009 IP
  6. adwriter1230

adwriter1230 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    I agree. To keep leads to your website content is a MUST. Keep them interested to be interesting.

adwriter1230, May 27, 2009 IP
  7. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engines can only detect 'good' content by analyzing the number of backlinks to it. They can detect 'unique' content far more easily. Which is why it's so important. Non-unique content is the first hurdle. Fall at that, and nothing else matters.

contentboss, May 27, 2009 IP
  8. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah right.

Traffic-Bug, May 27, 2009 IP
  9. knightofdawn

knightofdawn Banned

Best Answers:
    I disagree, content wouldn't be king without marketing. And its a duo in reality...

knightofdawn, May 27, 2009 IP
  10. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    To compete, I mean to really compete, not the petty cash that many think is great money, I think both venues may come into play.

You must have some quality content or offering in order to draw attention in the first place.
    But Crap content does sell and manipulates SERPs..........
    look at all of the reviews at online stores. Online stores do not allow people to create reviews because it helps the next customer. They let them do it because it builds content. Not very good content either. It also adds an additional feature to the store. And everyone loves features.

I agree with Jenny, To have quality content is how it should be.
    But the crap content is the reality of it and always will be as long as MONEY is the True King.

For the workers of the crap content, there are some things more important than money. They will never know the feeling of pride for doing well with their passion. Most just fly by night and live hillbilly rich. There is no corporate giant ever going to emerge from such a work ethic.

my 2 cents

HomeComputerGames, May 27, 2009 IP
  11. 212articles

212articles Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually the problem is that people know they are buying articles and buying too cheap. The articles need a finishing touch or proof reading which normally not given proper importance.

But still one thing for sure, Content is the King.

212articles, May 28, 2009 IP
  12. Jstone

Jstone Guest

Best Answers:
    In an ideal world, content *might* be king. Theoretically, high-quality content will draw more viewers and more links...

However, because there are so many other aspects to drawing viewers, content becomes only one factor. An important one (that will help longevity and repeat visits, reputation, etc.), but with so many fly-by-night sites going up content often takes a second fiddle to other SEO optimization factors.

Many people are looking for large amounts of views and clicks over a short time period before moving on to the next project... reducing the importance of content for these types of sites.

Your site objective (short-term, long-term, reputable, etc.) will determine the importance of content... to you.

Jstone, May 28, 2009 IP
  13. teddypicker

teddypicker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be honest, it seems that backlinks are king. Content is the means of getting them, and people are proving that these backlinks can be achieved with poorer quality content compared to what some of us on here are capable of producing. Whether these backlinks do anything but increase search engine ranking, though, is another question. Poor content you can hardly read will not result in direct visitors, that's where quality content is needed.

teddypicker, May 28, 2009 IP
  14. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Words will always be a powerful tool when used properly...the media could manipulate a large group of people only by using a very carefully structured words...

and that is more than enough for me...this tells me that content is still in the game!

turbulence, May 29, 2009 IP
  15. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    Always amazes me that people believe that seo, keywords, links are essential to getting anywhere on Google and content is secondary.
    I have sites that have no links, no key words, no attempt at seo yet are number one on Google for many supposedly essential keywords in their area why? because they are full of good content. Period.
    (As our American cousins would say)

INEEDCONTENT, May 29, 2009 IP
  16. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    examples please.

contentboss, May 29, 2009 IP
  17. JHGAMES

JHGAMES Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is definitely king. If people get the feeling that SEO is becoming king, something's definitely going wrong, and that something is definitely going to be corrected by a sudden shift in search engine strategy/algorithms.

JHGAMES, May 29, 2009 IP
  18. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think freshness in content is important because search engines love fresh content.

bobchrist, May 29, 2009 IP
  19. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Content will always be king. Some people "get it" and some people never will. It's quite obviously "king" when it comes to authority sites. It doesn't even matter if you're talking about great content on authority sites (which is likely the best tool for generating relevant high-quality backlinks, traffic, and a community) or if you're building crap sites intentionally (those sites still rely on the content to make people want to leave by clicking on your ads). Content can educate, entertain, inform, or even intentionally drive people away. Try doing that with your sites without content for a few months and come back and tell us about your wonderful Web empire. While there are exceptions to every rule, in this case the "rule" is that content is king, and without it you're just setting yourself up for failure.

jhmattern, May 29, 2009 IP
  20. cyber_demon12

cyber_demon12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes content will always be king. Without content, no one would go to your site. And if you have crappy articles, no one will go to your site, but if you have good content, people will go to your site, stay, sign up for you feed and all of that good stuff. So why not just take time and write good content and not worry about those others that have crappy content. If they are a head of you, you will eventually pass them up.

cyber_demon12, May 29, 2009 IP