1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content is King!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by woja, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Girishjones

Girishjones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Friends Its correct Content is defenitely king .If your content is not Quality based then Avoid them and its disadvantage to the website..

Girishjones, Mar 7, 2013 IP
  2. marketingwithjack

marketingwithjack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is king if you're fighting for a competitive keyword. I've managed to get ranked for three and four word keyword phrases without any content.

marketingwithjack, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  3. needforumposters

needforumposters Member

Best Answers:
    Gratz on your ranking man ! its very useful proof .

needforumposters, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. tarunyadavseo

tarunyadavseo Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Information...!

tarunyadavseo, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  5. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:
    Could you elaborate more about this?

Bottom line. You can SEO all you like. If you don't have GOOD, unique content, you won't get too far.
    Just thought I'd give back a little since I'm getting so much from this community as it is :)[/quote]

Serp Creation, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  6. fiontain

fiontain Peon

Best Answers:
    That is nice to know. I was thinking my articles on weight loss were too long. I was thinking of breaking them down into 3 articles rather than 1 large one. However now I will check my articles, long versus short to see which are doing better.

fiontain, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  7. rockiesfan24

rockiesfan24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    [/quote]

Pretty much you just need to always have new, good, fresh quality content being posted. If you have pages just sitting there and you're building links and doing other tactics, it won't improve nearly as much as if you were adding fresh quality content.

For me, I have been adding new product descriptions to my website along with blog posts with the blog that is connected to my website. I try to publish at least one blog post every day and add at least 3 new pages of content on top of that, then I continue with the extra SEO efforts off page.

rockiesfan24, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  8. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Long articles, short articles, NO articles... Makes no difference at all. I have tested this so many times it's just getting to be ridiculous. Yet still, people hang on to this myth that they need to have 10,000 word articles to rank in Google. I've found that shorter articles with relevant, optimized multimedia such as images and video will outrank a 1,800 word article without it 99 times out of 100. You show me one example of a long article without backlinks ranking well in Google, and I will beat it with a blank page that's well-optimized with a few good backlinks pointing at it any day of the week.

As far as ranking factors go, relevance and backlinks are more important than anything else. And relevant backlinks are even more important than the content on your site. Don't believe me? Do a search on Google for the keyword phrase "click here" and take note of the #1 result. For as long as I've been doing SEO, that spot has been pwned by the Adobe Reader download page. The funny thing is, the words "click here" are nowhere on that page, including within the meta data. It's simply because there are hundred of thousands (651,726 according to Majestic) of websites that link to that page using the anchor text "click here".

EDIT: Ok, so it looks as if that spot has now been taken by the website "clickhere.com". However, this does nothing more than prove my above statements about relevance and backlinks. The relevance is in the EMD (exact match domain) and if you look at the anchor text profile in Majestic, over 1,800 backlinks (14% of the overall anchor text profile) use the anchor text "click here". By the way, if you look at the site it is completely flash-based (which Google can't even read), and not one 1,000+ word article on the site.

But mark my words, unless those guys continue to build links and push the heck out of that keyword (which I couldn't imagine why they would want to other than for bragging rights) they will soon be overtaken once again by that PR10 Adobe Reader page.

Bottom line, if you do your on-page SEO correctly - making your page relevant for your keyword and building quality backlinks to that page then you will never need to write 1,800 word articles in order to rank.

ultimat1, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  9. Eathelin

Eathelin Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is surely the king in Search Engine Optimization techniques. Website can only be ranked good in google search engine by writing unique and quality content.

Eathelin, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  10. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale Banned

Best Answers:
    I have good content. Take a look at what happen to me:
    [​IMG]

11. rockiesfan24

Best Answers:
    Must be something else wrong with your website

rockiesfan24, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  12. PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale

PhenObestin 37.5 Wholesale Banned

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about??? What do you mean by something else? I am software developer with 14 years working for huge e-commerce firms.

13. rockiesfan24

Best Answers:

I am saying something else must've been wrong with your website to get hit that hard. Maybe your link profile included a lot of spammy links, or something along those lines. There is no debating that content IS the king in SEO.

rockiesfan24, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  14. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I have a site with ranking 1 in google, content is a king , it is right

ktp2012, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  15. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol. All I hear is baaaahh... baaaahhh... baaahhh. Why bother thinking for yourself when it's so much easier to just follow the herd? Everybody says it's true, so it must be, right?

ultimat1, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  16. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    High-quality, relevant content is the way to rank these days. There is no way around. But I do not think that "content is king". I think it's more right to say "users are kings" because they decide which content to like and share, and search engines base the rank on what users say. Also, in order to create quality content, you need to think about the users: what information they need, how to help them, and the like.

My two cents. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  17. tfhe

tfhe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    valuable Information

tfhe, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  18. petersmith5544

petersmith5544 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It’s important to keep in mind that if search engine traffic is your only goal, your results will probably suffer. In order to please both the search engines (who will reward you with high rankings over time) and potential customers and return visitors, you need to offer value above and beyond search engine optimization. In other words, don’t produce “thin” content that ranks and get clicks, but doesn’t provide any additional value to the search engine user. Sites that promote “thin,” low-value content run the risk of being penalized by Google; they also tend to have high bounce rates and low conversion rates.

petersmith5544, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  19. passcrk2005

passcrk2005 Member

Best Answers:
    Coloma21 is right, you can't do nothing with HQ content if you don't have relevant backlinks. You can reach high in ranking on some keywords, only if that keywords are not competitive enough...

passcrk2005, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  20. rockiesfan24

Best Answers:
    You can do a lot with HQ content. My site that I am testing it on I have done ZERO link building exercises since I acquired the site two years ago, out of my 111 targeted keywords in my Moz account I am listed in the top 3 for 47 of my targeted keywords and on page ONE with 70 of my 111 keywords. Content, Interlinking, Content, Social Media, and more CONTENT.

rockiesfan24, Jun 18, 2013 IP