1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content is king...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aventissanofi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. AdamGibson

AdamGibson Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, since everyone is agreeing with you, this discussion is making little progress.

I'm going to throw a spanner in to the works and disagree with you. Content is not King and backlinks are not Queen.....at least not anymore.

Any old content will do little to improve you search engine results. Good content is King. So what is good content? Good content for me is content that visitors to your website like. They enjoy reading it, are happy to share it with their friends etc., and are likely to come back to your site for more in the future.

Links aren't Queen. I'd say social media interaction is queen these days. Concentrate on social media, get your content out there, and let other people do the work for you.

Sure, you might be performing SEO to get better search rankings, but search engine algorithms should be working to make sites which are popular with humans, appear higher up in the search results. Therefore, ultimately you are performing SEO for the users of your site.

AdamGibson, Dec 31, 2012 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Adam, good first post. Indeed, it's "good content" that matters, content that will meet the needs of visitors, draw them back, and make them want to link to your web pages and share them with others.

Jim4767, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  3. ethun

ethun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your are damn right man! Poor content poor traffic and poor income. Though sometimes we see poor content get good traffic with seo. But it is not effective in long run.

ethun, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  4. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just remember when writing good content, always to check if your content is being scraped or stolen. And know how to resolve this with his/her hosting company that hosts the website.

James Byun, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  5. firdol

firdol Peon

Best Answers:
    totally agree. I have a blog that only updated twice a week. I never send them to article directory, never ping my site or buy any backlink. Right now there are 100 visitor every day.

firdol, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  6. insight.tech

insight.tech Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Content is King, Quality & Unique contents helps to find your website easily by search engines, So, first put unique contents and than links buildings with relevant categories.
    For a Good SEO Friendly Website, Unique contents and Backlink with relevant categories is compulsory.

insight.tech, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  7. webapex

webapex Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes u are right .we can not used duplicate content in our website.

webapex, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  8. agitetech

agitetech Peon

Best Answers:
    Google works by checking the contents of your website and the and of the backlinks. So it plays the most important part in getting good ranking in Search Engine...

agitetech, Jan 1, 2013 IP