1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content in an iFrame and navigation to return to listing

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by absurdity, Nov 28, 2015.

Hi,

I'm relatively new here and I need some help with a new website that I have been thinking a lot about.

The website will manage a set of listings. Users will come on my site, search for what they want, go on a listing page. When they click on an item in the listing, they will see the product details (hosted externally) in an iFrame and on the top of the page, there will be a navigation which will allow them to return to the listing page (my site).

Does anyone know the simplest way I can do this? I've had a look at wordpress plugins and can't find anything as of yet.

Thanks in advance.

absurdity, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just code a page (and use it as a template) in Wordpress? Just pull the content from the external page into the iframe, the menu/header/whatever, or anything else on your page, will stay the same, regardless. However, it might not look very good - I would suggest instead of pulling the whole external page into an iframe, just scrape the page for content and show that content to the user.

PoPSiCLe, Nov 28, 2015 IP