1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Copywriting, is it Hobby or Duty??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mrb1129, Oct 10, 2017.

Content Copywriting, why do you guys do it? Is it your Hobby or Duty?
    SEMrush

mrb1129, Oct 10, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Member

Best Answers:
    What is your definition of Content Copywriting?

Copywriting to me is advertising on paper - which is a holdover from my pre-digital days. A more fitting definition for me now is writing words that sell.

Is that what you're asking about?

JoeSpirit, Oct 10, 2017 IP
  3. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not a hobby nor a duty. It is one person's skills and ability to create a content which only few people are capable of. A more fitting description for Content writing is utilizing your skills and putting in in good use.

Pamela Turns, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:20 PM IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Member

Best Answers:
    In my mind content overall is any collection of information.

Examples of what I mean are books, reports, articles, white papers, etc. They all consist of content.

I believe anyone is capable of creating content, although not everyone can excel at it.

"Content copywriting," I think, is a sub-niche (so to speak) of the niche of creating content. The copywriting area is a specialized activity. Copywriting in itself is the creation of a sales message. That can be a sales letter, an email message, a classified ad, etc. The information inside that message is created to sell something and that information is the "content" of the copywritten piece.

I believe that anyone is capable of learning how to write sales messages. There are plenty of courses online to help one do that.

JoeSpirit, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:29 AM IP
  5. mrb1129

mrb1129 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, basically you are telling us that anybody passionate or not if have the ability to create any type of information into a sales page or a content that can benefit the host is a content copywriter.

mrb1129, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:35 PM IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Member

Best Answers:
    What I'm saying is that anybody can learn the skills of copywriting. That does not mean that any specific person will do so. Certainly, if the passion isn't there it likely won't happen. If someone does learn those skills and does not have the passion for putting those skills to work she/he most likely will not become a competent copywriter.

I still would like to know what your definition of "content copywriter" is.

JoeSpirit, Oct 13, 2017 at 6:08 AM IP