1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content and Articles question?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ichibanda, Jan 18, 2005.

Hi all-

I had a content question that I was wondering about. I know that content is king and important for search engine rankings. That is pretty basic and I get that.

Therefore a lot of people say write articles and post them on your site. Then also submitt them to websites that accept articles with your link at the bottom. I know this is good becuase it creates incomming links and established you as a professional.

HOwever what about putting some other people's articles on your website? Is it good to put other peoples reprint articles on your site? I see lots of good articles that people are offering for free etc and I was not sure if putting these on mysites is good or not. I know the link back to them might not make the article worth it? So I guess is the content addition in reprint articles worth the link or not?

Thanks
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  2. Nicky21

Nicky21 Guest

Best Answers:
    Content is king and if you get it for free....? What would be the problem?

There are some problems though:
    - make sure the articles are related to your content or it won't help you much in the search engines.
    - make sure that you don't trip some duplicate filters. Usualy if you have an unique way of displaying articles, that should do it.
    - usualy to display the article there are some copyright links required. watch out to who you link!

Nicky21, Jan 18, 2005 IP
    david_sakh likes this.
  3. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles, tutorials, news, etc, all good.

The fact that there's a link that might draw people away from your site should be carefully considered, especially if the article in full can be read only elsewhere.
    So make sure the article is provided in full on your site, and that would be great, even more if regularly and frequently updated.

uca, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  4. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there-

Thanks for your quick replies. Your thoughts are pretty much the same as mine but sometimes when you new tot he whole thing it is nice to check out what others are doing.

Nicky21 - what is the unique way to display the articles/ Can you give me some of the genral ideas? Also can you tell me about duplicate fitlers that is new to me?

Also what about the watch out who you link to part? How can I tell whom to stay away from?

Given all of this the free articles and content is good but your own articles are best becuase you get the double power of a link if submitted to other article sites and the content. So writing your own content is the best bang for the buck but these free articles can hep as filler also? Sound right?

Thanks
    Ichibanda

5. Nicky21

Nicky21 Guest

Best Answers:
    About unique ways to display articles.

For instance: if you use a template to build the web page that will display your article chanses are that 10 other websites will aslo use that same template.

Results: there will be 10 pages with the exact content indexed in google thus triggering the duplicate content filter.

To make an unique way of displaying the articles do the programming of the pages yourself. That should cover it.

About the duplicate content filters: if there are very similar pages in google this filter is triggered.

Unfortunately no one knows exactly what will trigger that filter, but if you have the same meta tags, the same meta keywords, the same text on the page, the same page coding, you will definitely trigger it!

Nicky21, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  6. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nicky21-

Thanks that helps. Now just to find some good focused keyword loaded articles!

I am planning on writing my own articles also!

Thanks for the help
    Ichibanda

7. Nicky21

Nicky21 Guest

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity: what's your site about?

Nicky21, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  8. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there-

I have a few sites that I am currently running. I develop sites and then sell them. Right now I am working on a site that sells templates as a template monster affiliate. I am planning to add some webmaster content and some help on getting a new site started.

Crown Templates

It is just one of the sites that I am starting right now but I have plans for a bunch more.

Thanks for asking!
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, Jan 19, 2005 IP