1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contemplation As Ex-programmer

Discussion in 'Programming' started by aminfortuna, Jan 24, 2013.

I was a professional programmer at manufacturing company for about 4 years. i made program using VB, ASP, Delphi, HTML, Java, RPG, ASP.NET, Java. I thought that my profession will make rich so i focused in programming.
    Time by time, i learned that computer programmer is not core business, it is supporting level, and sooner or later, it will be replaced by outsourcing company as IT consultant. That was why many colleagues resigned or transferred to another departments.

For those of you who want to survive as IT professional who work in non-IT company, do not focus only on programming. You have to understand business process, because technical IT can be delegated to outsource company.
    Business process in the key. You can survive and your career will go to the top when you know business process.
    Start developing your self, do not stay in programming world, grow your self.

aminfortuna, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  2. krakjoe

krakjoe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You made the wrong choices, but you shouldn't sour the opinions of others based on your own professional mistakes. If you are good enough then there will be demand for your skills, and there's nothing wrong with being the guy working for the IT consultancy either, in fact, arguably that's better than trying to work for one company weather they are connected to the industry or not as you will get much more variation and challenged more often than if you spend years and years writing one piece of inhouse software for anyone.

krakjoe, Jan 24, 2013 IP