1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contemplating Starting a New Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PHPGator, Nov 29, 2013.

I've been doing affiliate marketing and ecommerce over the last 6 years. I came here to DP not really knowing much about the industry. I've tried a lot, and I think I have been pretty successful at internet marketing. I'm thinking about doing a REAL mentorship program. Yes, it would be a for-profit venture, but I also teach web development for a living so teaching is a real passion of mine as well. I've thought about limiting it to about 10 people so that there would be one on one time and it being relatively inexpensive.

What I'm wondering is really where the price point should be set. I want it to be enough that it is worthwhile to me but also at a pricepoint that people could afford. I know the likely buyers are those who probably aren't profiting at this point and maybe have already lost money in the game. So I need to find that healthy balance.

My three questions:

#1: Does this sound appealing to you? Why?
    #2: What would you look for in a REAL mentorship program?
    #3: What would be the ideal price point in your opinion (given that it needs to be worthwhile for me, and affordable)?

PHPGator, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1- It might appeal to newbies, because you are a moderator here, people associate a bit of a trust with the mod tag.
    2- real mentorship - cutting the garbage, and tell - a clear step by step, what to do , how to do, more like a cheatsheet - click here, and click there, make 5$
    its much more powerful than write a sales copy, get a domain, send email, make 50$

3 - ideally whatever you are offering, you can take about 50% of what you claim your methods should make.

the reason i said point 2 is. most people are lazy or useless, they don't apply brain to make money, they want a step by step, ( even though they know all the steps themselves)

make sure they make at lest 50-100$ with it, and then they will invest their own money in it.

makes sense?

competent123, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  3. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input competent123. Yeah, I thought about doing a combination of things. Videos describing the steps so it is a little bit more personable, Skype / email access for one on one as needed, and maybe even going as far as to giving each mentored person 2-3 options to choose from on what they might be promoting where I have done the research for them.

I'd almost be a partner without me getting paid anything. I am confident enough that I think I could put some pretty steep guarantees onto it that if they follow my instructions they will end up profiting and the profit will continue with very little work for months to come.

PHPGator, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  4. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you are thinking to be a MENTOR not a service providing worker

your service is to TEACH them how to make money, not to do their work(research) FOR them

they have to do it themselves.

makes sense?

competent123, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The thing is affiliate marketing beginners are usually low on cash. The difficulty of starting a mentoring business is that you will appeal to only a certain (usually very narrow) group of people. For you to benefit from your venture you will have to charge anywhere from $500 - $1000 per person per mentoring course (let's say it's a week long one). Most beginners won't be able to afford it. The majority of advanced marketers won't need it. So, it is the intermediate marketers that may find your course/training appealing to them. The question is where are you going to find them?

qwikad.com, Dec 2, 2013 IP