1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contacting twitter admins - twitter inactivity policy

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by flisk, Feb 16, 2017.

Hello, I've exhausted all my resources in order to solve a problem I'm about to present to you guys. I'm tired of copy-paste messages I've been getting from the official channels that I became quite disappointed in overall support the biggest social platforms such as Twitter have been giving me...

A friend of mine has lost all the information regarding his twitter account. He knows neither his username nor password, as well as his e-mail. Simply, he can't access it in any way. This happened way back in 2010, when he was 16.
    We've tried getting it back but Twitter's official response, countless times and through quite a few methods, was always how they can't verify the account's owner.

The account itself poses a minor, but still existent problem for it's original owner. When people google his name, this account pops up. It has quite a bit of embarrassing statements, and is overall embarrassing. He's about to go job hunting and this might jeopardize his chances in landing jobs. Taking chances in such a competitive market is not something any one of us would be happy about.

In essence, he doesn't want to regain access to the account, as he doesn't need it. He only wants it gone. Concluding, I've read the official Twitter's inactive account policy that states:

"We encourage users to actively log in and use Twitter when they register an account. To keep your account active, be sure to log in and Tweet every 6 months. Accounts may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity. Please use your account once you sign up!"

The account hasn't been accessed since 2010, and I can't present this problem to anyone since there's no section in Twitter's Help Center that is remotely close to this one.

The only remaining option, in my opinion, and do keep in mind that I have no idea about any of Twitter's staff hierarchy, is to contact an administrator and plead my case to him in order to have that account permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity.
    I have no idea where to start searching for one and I was hoping to get any help from here that I can get.

If anyone has any idea if I should go about this differently, please do share.

Thank you in advance, any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    flisk, Feb 16, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I doubt that anything is going to happen. If they do remove the profile it'll be short of a miracle. They won't set a precedent regardless of the fact that he was 16 or that his name now comes up in search results.

qwikad.com, Mar 14, 2017 IP