1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contacted by trademark holder but they never followed up

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by pw1111, Jan 20, 2018.

I registered a domain name back in late 1997 and then in 2006 someone trademarked the name. Side note, not that it matters, a month before they registered the trademark they registered the domain name in one of the newer TLDs. Then a couple years later I received an email from them telling me that they own the trademark on the name and instead of filling an intellectual property claim they would like to talk to me. I wrote them back telling them that I had no interest in giving up the domain name. After that I never heard from them again and it's been well over 10 years now. Should I consider my self fairly safe now since they contacted me with a claim telling me about the trademark but then didn't follow up on it (enforcing it)? I'm not in the same business as them either. Totally different areas.

Thank you
    -PW

pw1111, Jan 20, 2018 IP
  2. scylla

scylla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you tell us the domain name & trademark? Otherwise, you're not really giving us much to go on.

scylla, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  3. blackvision

blackvision Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got the same issue but this is coming from Match.com company. This is what they sent me:

Hello XXXXXXXXX Media,

This is our 2nd attempt to reach you.

Your application uses, without authorization, the mark Swipe, a trademark owned and controlled by Tinder, Inc. Any use by the application of the Infringing Marks constitutes a trademark infringement under Section 32 of the Lanham Act.
    As we seek an amicable and swift resolution to this matter, we ask that the app immediately cease using any Tinder trademarks or any other name or mark which is likely to lead consumers to mistakenly believe that its products or services are associated with Tinder or authorized by Tinder. If satisfactory modification is not made to address these violations, we ask that the application be removed from the platform.

Regards,
    Tinder (transmitted by AppDetex Managed Services

My domain has been active for a few years and has a different target for dating visitors. Should I respond to them? I checked for other "xxxxxswipe.com" domains and they are live in app stores so how is that possible if they coming after me?

blackvision, Jun 19, 2018 IP