1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Consolidation failing

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by john_loch, Dec 9, 2004.

Hi Shawn,

Just an anomaly that I noticed - weird one, but might help anyone who has trouble with consolidation after revalidation.

I found that a subacct had failed validation so I revalidated. It revalidated OK. However, I found that when I went to the master acct, the referral weight had transferred, but not the full weight as expected from a bound acct.

After bouncing around between the two accts, binding, unbinding, consolidating etc I had no joy. The sub acct showed it's full weight consolidated, but it wasn't showing in the master.

Then I thought OK. What if the validation failed behind the scenes - maybe a flag or something on the master acct seperate from the sub acct.

So i went and revalidated again (even though it said it was fine in green). Gues what - it failed validation ! So I clicked it again, and it validated again. I clicked it a few more times to make sure it *stayed validated*, and voilla.

The weight appeared in the master acct as expected.

So, my observations distilled: I had to click on revalidate several times for the full weight to transfer (even though the referral weight was present throughout).

I suspect others may encounter this as well, so a handy heads up i hope.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is an internal weight that's recalculated for all accounts once an hour. So you are probably just seeing that. Wait a little while (it can be up to an hour from the time it changed).

digitalpoint, Dec 9, 2004 IP