1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Connection between topics and posts on a forum and number of visitors(new forums)?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by mocansimiondaniel, Nov 13, 2011.

I was wondering if there is any connection between number of topics and posts and the number of visitors.

I have a new forum and I`m currently paying for forum posting because is imposible to convince people to write on a new forum.

I was thinking is anyone can reply something like this:
    Exemple(not actual data): 1000 topics and 2600 posts 50 visitors per day(not you and your friends included).

Thanks

mocansimiondaniel, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  2. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily visitors, but members per day yes. Anyway you should join a promotion forum so that you don't have to pay for posts.

sambling, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  3. mocansimiondaniel

mocansimiondaniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Promotion forum??
    can you please give me more details

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    mocansimiondaniel, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  4. sambling

Best Answers:
    I am starting one myself forumhoopla.com..... basically it is a community where forum owners discuss stuff, then they receive points for that which can be used in advertising on the site. The biggest one is forumpromotion.net but I would also recommend promotionbb.com- unless of course you want to join my site ;)

sambling, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  5. mocansimiondaniel

Best Answers:
    I tried to get accepted in postloop :( it looks really go, and was exactly what I needed but I failed to get my account approved. And from what I read there is no alternative to postloop. I would have tried better if I knew that is so important.

Anyone else with suggestions?

mocansimiondaniel, Nov 15, 2011 IP
  6. mocansimiondaniel

Best Answers:
    I currently have 200 threads and 400 posts but I don`t get any visitors from google. Is that normal?

mocansimiondaniel, Nov 24, 2011 IP
  7. sambling

Best Answers:
    Yes it is pretty normal for a new forum... SEO is really difficult on a forum.

sambling, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  8. mrwiippy

mrwiippy Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think paying for posts on a new forum is good and here is why, these paid post members once completed will never come back so while you do have some threads and posts on your forum these members wont be returning so once again a dead forum.

I would suggest you keep posting on your forum on a daily basis and also join a promotion forum so you can get advice and ideas from other members that are just in the same boat.

:)

mrwiippy, Nov 26, 2011 IP