1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Connecting to a QNAP NAS - same IP as apache webserver

Discussion in 'Apache' started by ozstar, Jan 12, 2020.

I have a QNAP NAS TS231P which we access through.. myname.myqnapcloud.com when out of the office away from the LAN.

When I enter that address from outside the LAN we would normally get the NAS okay, but since I have setup the Linux webserver, it resolves at the apache default page page not the NAS.

It is using the same static IP as the webserver and I was sure I had to set up a .conf file for it however I am unsure how to do this.

I have tried to setup a .conf file in sites-available with this inside as I was unsure what else to do.

ServerName myname.myqnapcloud.com.conf
    DocumentRoot 192.168.20.13 (which is its LAN IP)

I did the a2ensite and systemctl commands but it still resolves at the apache page. Obviously not redirected to the NAS

In the Router I had the QNAP 443 and I have now added 80 to it, which is the webserver port also.

Are there any suggestions how I can get access to the NAS not the apache default page please?

Thanks

BTW The Android Apps still get to the NAS even since I did the webserver, but I see they use the 443 port.

Thanks

ozstar, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  2. ozstar

ozstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got it now.. Used the https:// instead of the http:// and it worked fine.

ozstar, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  3. allserp243

allserp243 Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW The Android Apps still get to the NAS even since I did the webserver, but I see they use the 443 port

allserp243, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  4. allserp243

allserp243 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks please see this website

allserp243, Jan 16, 2020 IP