1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Connecting different databases?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by DodoDidiDeDe, Sep 23, 2020.

A warm hello to everyone here in the forum!

I am reprogramming the backend of a big mail order company and I noticed that this company has a complete mess with their data. Pure chaos!

I thought about offering to rebuild the complete customer file for a good price. What would you say: for a company that also wants to expand, would you rather use a big server as database or would you prefer to use external databases like mySQL? I would like to work with several databases, so that the advantages can be used by all of them. For example, a provider like Aiven could connect different databases, but I'm not sure if that would be too expensive for the company.

What do you say, what are your experiences with Aiven as a provider?

DodoDidiDeDe, Sep 23, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Their prices are reasonable for a big company - your time will cost them more.

I'd be more concerned with the functionality of the various databases and ensuring that it can be kept secure between different development teams (if there's more than just you), can be backed up, restored easily.

sarahk, Sep 23, 2020 IP