1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Congressman Barney Frank's Boyfriend Busted Growing Pot

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Nov 11, 2009.

You wonder why the US has a financial crisis? Start with Barney Frank the chairman of the House Banking Committee.

Congressman Barney Frank's boyfriend was busted for growing pot in their apartment. He was present at the time and now claims that he doesn't even what pot looks like. He pushing a bill to legalizing medical marijuana and doesn't know what pot looks like.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/07/barney-frank-was-present_n_349648.html

[​IMG]

You really need to question what Barney Frank is about.

One of his boyfriend's was running a male prostitute ring from thier apartment and Barney Frank claimed he didn't know anything about it.

Barney Frank was also writing legislation concerning Fannie Mae while at the same time his husband was an executive there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bogart, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  2. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, but I highly doubt he didn't know what was going on. You would have to start asking questions if someone is being all secretive about growing "plants" in the house. Gimme a break...

I think he's also getting a break in the media again too. I heard the story on CNN last night ONCE, and that's the last I've heard of it. Now all I keep hearing about is how he wants to limit the powers of the Fed...

Fishy, fishy. My grandmother would know something was up if I grew pot in the house, and she's probably never ever seen pot in person.

Firegirl, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt he knew it was growing there. He's surely smart enough to not be knowingly staying @ at home that has marijuana plants growing in the yard easily in view. I guess there's always the chance he fully knew and felt he was above the law. Either way he's an idiot IMO.

Reseg, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  4. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is from 2007

mike323, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  5. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Fully aware that the bust was in 2007, but it just seems fishy that Frank was there and played all innocent like he had never been back there to see the plants. And then he says if he was back there, he wouldn't even know what they were. Ummmm, yea sure....

Firegirl, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    The problem with America is that ANYONE is busted for growing pot. There's nothing wrong with growing or smoking marijuana, it should be completely legal.

Zibblu, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  7. Reseg

Reseg Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, if alcohol and tobacco are legal, then so should pot IMO. Either all or none is how I see it... and I prefer all vs. none because none means less freedom.

HOWEVER, it IS illegal and when a US Representative is staying in a house where it's being intentionally grown in the yard it becomes a big deal to some (and funny to others). Either he was part of or knew of the law breaking, or he's extremely oblivious because the guy didn't seem to be trying to go out of his way to HIDE it. You can bet if the guy was growing it, he was deeply involved in smoking it as well ;)

I believe him that he didn't know and he's just flat out clueless like most of our government officials making our laws and spending our money.

Reseg, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  8. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama may need to legalize it to keep his base in line. You figure that it's a multi-billion dollar industy that isn't being taxed.

In Oregon the first US Marijuana Cafe has just opened -- The Cannabis Cafe in Portland, Oregon

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575114,00.html?test=latestnews

bogart, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  9. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will only be legalized when most other economic alternatives have been exhausted and they are desperate for revenue.

Big tobacco might take it over, and ruin the product by adding addictive chemicals, to which I'd say keeping it illegal would have been better.

No law changes if people aren't willing to break it outlandishly in mass first.

It is civil rights for the affluent white youth, welcome to the fight.

Lately no one's been able to hide their bullshit anymore, it kind of makes you wonder how any status quo is going to stand much longer at this rate. Makes me happy in my pants to see a big push for the correction of bullshit we've dealt for decades.

Traditione, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  10. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Legalize it all. Really. Tax it, legalize it, and then eliminate the income tax. Mary Jane will more than double the revenue intake in this country - and letting people keep their income means they will buy more of it.

Jackuul, Nov 18, 2009 IP