Confusion between pages

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by rynd2it, Apr 2, 2024.

I have used Facebook for ages for purely personal stuff and also to manage a couple of groups. I have also created a page for a Club I belong to, intending it to used by anyone to post items of interest and ask questions etc.
    However, something appears to have changed because when I try to post on the Club page, the posting appears on my News Feed, not on the Club page.
    My own page is https://www.facebook.com/rynd2it/
    Club page is https://www.facebook.com/BMRC.Home
    Can anyone help with this, I need the two pages to be completely separate for postings

rynd2it, Apr 2, 2024 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You have to ensure the icon for the current user is the page, not you personally. Use the switch option to change.

[​IMG]

sarahk, Apr 2, 2024 IP
  3. rynd2it

rynd2it Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Sarah,
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by switch, if I click on the icon on the page it shows my name and shows an icon next to it which is the switch option. If I click on that it takes me to a page for me as as 'bmrc.webmaster1' which is not what I was expecting or wanting. How can I make the Club page be owned by the webmaster account?
    Thanks

rynd2it, Apr 3, 2024 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nobody "owns" pages, they have admins etc. Go and check who the admins are.

sarahk, Apr 3, 2024 IP
  5. rynd2it

rynd2it Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please can you be more specific in your replies - all the means of finding the admin per the searches don't work, I can't find out who is the admin for this page but I suspect it's me in some guise or other, I created it

rynd2it, Apr 3, 2024 IP
  6. rynd2it

rynd2it Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OK, wait, I think I have found the admin under the name BMRC and that has an email address. However, I'm now having trouble adding that profile to the page, the only option seems to be to create a new profile not add an existing one. Some rela guidance would be much appreciated

rynd2it, Apr 3, 2024 IP
  7. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Check Your Posting Settings:
    • Click your profile photo in the top right corner.
    • Select the Club page you want to post on (in your case, the BMRC Home page).
    • Create a new post directly on the Club page.
    • Ensure that the post is not set to “Public” (which would make it appear on your News Feed).
    • If you’re using the “Public” setting, change it to “Friends” or “Only Me” to keep the post within the Club page.

MargoFarrel, Apr 3, 2024 IP
  8. rynd2it

rynd2it Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I got that BUT when I click on the photo it shows my name, there are no other profiles and, if I click on "see pages" the result is blank, there are none. I don't see any way to create a profile for the Club page, FB only permits creating a new profile (which creates a page) not add an existing one. Is there a way to do this?

rynd2it, Apr 4, 2024 IP
  9. rynd2it

rynd2it Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did exactly that - the post appeared on my feed on facebook.com.
    I'm really confused about this page ownership issue, please help me figure out to separate the pages I wish to manage

rynd2it, Apr 9, 2024 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.