1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confused about dalits in India

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by login, Nov 4, 2007.

1. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    You still don't get it, or you choose to ignore it.
    Where the hell did I deny that Dalits have a problem?

I posted a bunch of crap because you started the thread with a crap statement..You made a statement in the style of 'been there, seen that'.

Seems like you read a 100 years old news and jumped on conclusion that they are being treated like shit and no one gives a fuck..
    When you make a stupid statement you should expect equally crap responses.

The point is, Media and politicians try and sell Dalits and Dalits let them do that. And then people, who have no idea about whats going on, like yourself, try and jump on conclusions far from reality.

I'm not gonna even try and make you believe, least I care what you think or believe.

Because I know, a man, who writes a statement like in your opening post, never gonna bring his own ass down here and do anything for Dalits.

It's upto us.

The Webmaster, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  2. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to be taken seriously you cant make a post like that first post of yours. You have 9142 posts here and you still dont understand how to make yourself clear immediately, amazing.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    The same goes with you, except you have only 7754 odd posts and less reputation.

4. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think I made myself clear.

And you living in India does not make you right. You are right because you live in India? then all indians are right, even the people who abuse the dalits. And dont come here with that ruler technique "I am from India, you are not, so I am right".

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Congratulations...

Hell yeah, then why don't you come down here, and actually do something for the welfare of Dalits, I think we can use some more volunteers.

Then perhaps you will be able to claim, Heck I 'actually' worked for Dalits So I'm right.

6. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, whatever.

login, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  7. champ_rock

champ_rock Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to be on the record "I also live in India. heck, living in a posh city doesnt give u the ground realities"

WEbmaster here is trying to be different just for the sake of being different. he doesnt believe media becuase media have been known to blow things out of proportion.. so he completely denies the fact that there is any problem

also, notice the gradual change in sentiments, first post says: "they are our kings, we are slaves"
    last post says: "Where the hell did I deny that Dalits have a problem?"

make up ur mind...

champ_rock, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  8. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody is treated like shit. The reason dalits are associated with being treated like shit is because so many of them are illiterate, uneducated and poor. Poor & illiterate people are always treated like shit everywhere. I know several dalits personally who are successful. (doctors, business persons) They certainly aren't treated like shit. In fact, due to the college and job reservations in place for dalits, the dalits who aren't poor and "downtrodden" misuse the reservations.

I agree with The Webmaster when he said that the entire caste system ought to be criminalized & it should be made illegal for anyone to even inquire about someone's caste. Only in India will you see "matrimonial" ads in newspapers & websites where partners are sought solely on the basis of caste.

eXe, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  9. Software_outsourcing

Software_outsourcing Peon

Best Answers:
    My point was if Hindus can make a sikh a PM , christain a leader of main party, Muslim Vice president what problem we should have in promoting dalits who are our religion brothers who had not got due in the past.

Software_outsourcing, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  10. procrastinator

procrastinator Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG] Bullshit hanman

the actual needy dalits remain to be in the same state as they have been in (financially) , the money much of it is pockted by the ministers & middlemen, who are dalits in most cases

procrastinator, Nov 4, 2007 IP
  11. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:

login, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  12. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    India is going to have 100% reservation for OBCs/SC/STs
    and muslims by 2010, no education or job for upper caste, since very few upper caste does vote in election.
    May be I will get converted to Islam so that my next generation does not die out of starvation

To all people who are supporting reservation, go only to a doctor who has never scored more than 30% marks in exam, take a flight whose pilot did not complete mandatory training but as 50% should come from reserved category ,he got his job.

BTW the caste gurjar wants to to be removed from OBC and get included as ST, so I think whole of india will become dalit community by 2020 (President kalam should have included this in his India Vision 2020)

it career, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  13. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you want to prove ? millions of poor upper caste people are dieing out of starvation every year in india, why only dalit should get 100% reservation?

it career, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  14. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:

I am an Indian. I do not believe in castes. I believe that all men are created equal.

I can see The Webmaster is very angry. Yeah, I agree, even I am feeling the heat of reservations. It is very difficult to prosper when merit is not the criteria for promotion. In India, there is caste politics.

Wherever Dalits are strong, the UpperCaste (I prefer Open category) are harassed. But today in many villages across India, Dalits are in a very pitiable condition. This reservation system has not benefited them one iota.

That is the problem. Prosperous Dalits are taking all the advantages of reservation, whereas poor dalits are left behind. There is a nexus between Politicians and Mafia. They don't want Dalits to prosper.

Lack of money is the root of all evil.

The Webmaster is really going out of the way to blame Dalits. This is happening because of his training with the RSS, which is an Upper Caste Hindu Militant Organisation, responsible for many riots against Dalits and Muslims.

Dalits are still discriminated against in many parts of India. I have toured rural parts of Maharastra and Andhra Pradesh with my team on Social missions. There still is discrimination. Jamindars are still there in villages, they are still the rulers in towns. They have the money and muscle power to win any elections. I have seen it firsthand.

This is the Indian Psychic. Indians are generally very rude and aggressive, don;t know why. For proof, just look at the unruly traffic in Indian cities, and you will know how indifferent and uncaring the people are. That is the primary reason why dalits have been harassed for centuries. This is the BASIC INDIAN CULTURE.

I am an Indian, and it is true. I hope education can help, and in the next 20 years, we may be able to get rid of the caste system.

gauharjk, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  15. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is a great idea. Just convert... lol :p

gauharjk, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  16. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I'm not going 'out of the way' to blame anyone but I'm not a man of political correctness. I'm angry because I see my and my fellow member's and several other people's efforts are going in vain. I am angry because I see the political willingness of keeping dalits poor and in misery. I'm angry because whoever try to point out the 'REAL' problem about the welfare system, whoever opposes reservation and quota system, whoever speaks openly about the holes in complete system imposed on us is labeled as 'ANTI DALIT, UPPER CASTE'.

Additionally you can't be more wrong about RSS. It's not a Upper Caste Hindu Militant organization.
    Yes it's a Hindu Organization, that focuses on Nationalism, if you think nationalism is militancy then may YOUR god bless you..
    I have never seen caste discrimination in RSS. Heck they don't even ask about the caste. They put the emphasis on the Hindu unity, regardless of caste, color, social status or economical status. If you want to see a true social sturcture where caste is useless, join RSS (But There are other hypocrisies that had driven me away from it.)

Keep hoping.. You need a huge political miracle to get rid of caste system even in next 60 years.

The Webmaster, Nov 9, 2007 IP
  17. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't change the topic. We can have a discucssion on the virtues of joining RSS on another thread.

You are an Indian yaar, you are my brother. I don't know whether RSS teaches you to call a Muslim your brother or not, but that is another question. Many of my close friends have also joined RSS, and they NEVER discuss it with me. So I was wondering whether they teach nationalism or SOMETHING ELSE...

You and I both are plagued with the caste system. We have less opportunities, agreed. And who is responsible for this?

Not the Dalits
    Not you
    Not me

The main culprits are the Politicians, which you and I elect.

That is the main problem. Yaar, just go to villages and look at the plight of Dalits. Awful condition. I was there after the July floods, and I was ashamed that even after 60 years if Independence, we have so much discrimination.

I've signed so many online petitions calling for removal of caste system, that I don't even remember. And it doesn't matter to anyone...

gauharjk, Nov 9, 2007 IP
    login likes this.