1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conflicting form ids

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by Mattis33, Jul 13, 2018.

I have the following example where I can highlight the select values of a specific column. Sometimes I need to use two forms for the same column (hence the same form id), but it doesn't work when I try this. Is there another solution for this?

My jsfiddle example: https://jsfiddle.net/1mt7ojL0/ As you can see in the example, Values.II form doesn't work.

Mattis33, Jul 13, 2018 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    don't use multiple forms, use fieldsets inside a form to break them into groups.

Though technically ALL of your groups should be fieldsets, with either headings or legends. (the former is easier to style cross browser). Likewise you have invalid id's and names since they can't start with NUMBERS. First letter should be a character, not a number... though really those should be value, NOT NAME. Also where's your THEAD, TBODY, and SCOPE?

NOT that you should be accessing form elements by name given that's more of a netscape 4 technique than modern coding... but you're using the trash that is jQuery so the methodology as a whole is already inherently banjaxed.

deathshadow, Jul 13, 2018 IP