1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confirmed - Readbud is a SCAM ! Read this

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by zeeky, May 26, 2010.

Heading got your attention?

I have been a user of readbud for sometime - i was doubtful as to if it was legit, not a scam and if users were getting payment as their was a lack of proof available considering the high amount of users the site has.

If common sense is used to analyse everything i still doubt how the site can still function economically as i view it from the outside

Over the last few days i have noticed heaps of changes.

Firstly the adsense ads that were shown on the articles which were to be read and rated - disapeared? Obviously this was a major source of income for the owners with readers occasionaly clicking on the links related to the topic of the article. That way they were not reliant on just the income of advertisers paying 0.20 cents per article read.

There is very little benefit for advertisers to pay that amount for people to read articles because it does not generate traffic, sales or conversions and they know that. I know this bcos the last few days there they have been showing me the same non unique articles that i have already rated in the past bcos their is no new articles from advertisers

Then a couple of days later - there were new ads being shown, i think they were bidvertiser (ads unrelated to article topics) and now they are trying the in article text ads that are a keyword acting as an clickable advertisment related to that keyword for more income.

There is no way that can get close to generating the ppc income that they were getting from adsense using their alternatives - everyone knows this. I think Readbud and google had a fight and now Readbud is struggling to generate enough income to pay users their earnings without heaps of new advertisers.......

Their whole model of business from my view looks unsustainable.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
    zeeky, May 26, 2010 IP
  2. MiniTrader

MiniTrader Peon

Best Answers:
    I too can smell a SCAM with readbud and fully agree with zeeky here. Read my experience to stay away from Readbud.com

I have been a member for two months now. Initially the articles being served were 14-18 per day, later it came down to 10-12 per day. Now it is less than 3 articles per day. These are nothing but scammer tactics to delay payments. Honest paymasters do not need a minimum of $50 to cash out. No forums on the site for users to interact, all factors point to a scam. Beware.

My experience with readbud accounts in the last two months is a complete waste of time. I have two broadband connections & two pc’s at home. Both me & my wife’s account behaved in the same manner i.e. articles being served reduced as earnings went up.

Though the second account was opened a month ago, number of articles being served for the new account was 14-16 against my month old account (averaging at 8-10 articles). Mind you the article interests were identical in both accounts. So why should one account get more articles ? In fact the earnings difference was $16 between my account and my wifes account. Now my a/c is at $37 & my wifes account is at $34.

At this rate it will take about three months (0.15cents x 90days = $13.5) to reach the payout of $50. This is assuming that readbud.com will continue to serve articles. I have my serious doubts. In any case I am not interested in wasting futhur time for a paltry 0.10 to 0.15 cents daily just to reach cashout.

The latest in scammer tactics by readbud.com is this message which is displayed when logged into my account “readbud is currently undergoing major service upgrades, hence the amount of articles you receive will be limited”

This message is now appearing for well over a week now. Over one week for Server upgradation !!!
    Readbud.com must think that users are complete fools.

My take is Do NOT waste your time behind readbud.com It is a complete SCAM.

MiniTrader, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  3. interorther

interorther Peon

Best Answers:
    yes me too.
    bad site.

interorther, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  4. akira123454

akira123454 Peon

Best Answers:
    Appreciate your willingness to investigate, but I think that until you reach payout and don't get it you can't call it "confirmed". Until that point, it's still speculation.

akira123454, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  5. wuhugm

wuhugm Peon

Best Answers:
    People just don't learn from experience..... remember AWSurvey?

wuhugm, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This kind of "strategy" being used by most of the scam site, they are trying to lengthen the "survive period", to get more from the member before they run away

lifeplayer, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  7. Maylin

Maylin Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone ever received a payment from readbud?

Maylin, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  8. ssdear

ssdear Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now they are sometimes showing a tip to visit the sponsors to get more articles to rate.

ssdear, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  9. lalitdhiman

lalitdhiman Active Member

Best Answers:
  10. gamingmaster42

gamingmaster42 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Readbud is scam, because as others have already stated, the number of articles you receive goes down with times, and hence so does your income.

gamingmaster42, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  11. imallyours

imallyours Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always suggest everyone to check everything including their sources for traffic and content before they attempt to start making a living online.

Yes, making money online is "easy", and you have "probably" visited blogs where the owner makes a few $$$ per months.

But I guess you also know that these guys make those $$$ , because they are "usually" the best at what they do or talk about = Quality and Sources.

Lack of good quality Traffic = Not good for anyone. Neither you, nor the company = Be smart and go for the green :D , not for the thin air.

Lack of good quality Content = Visitors simply go to some other more interesting places with better content.

If you are honest about your online businesses and ever want to try some other options, please let me know or drop me a PM.

I'd love to help you !

All the best,

imallyours, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  12. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers:
    anupviews, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  13. lalitdhiman

lalitdhiman Active Member

Best Answers:
    lalitdhiman, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  14. fly2high

fly2high Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information, luckily I Already not do the "read & rate" at readbud for quite long time, when it start to reduce the reading from 10-12/day to 3/day. :p

fly2high, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  15. Michelle28

Michelle28 Peon

Best Answers:
    very interesting because I got paid by readbud last month and havent used it much lately to earn more, but they did pay me so I'm sure they are not a scam. Maybe they dont send you articles because you cheat and dont read them!

My payment proof is here...

[​IMG]

Michelle28, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  16. adnanku

adnanku Peon

Best Answers:
    but yesterday i get my second payment from readbud.com ..

adnanku, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  17. ashoffan

ashoffan Peon

Best Answers:
    surfing websites, inadvertently finding sites about these readbud profile
    http://www.readbudprofile.n.nu/
    maybe this can help my friends who are still skeptical about the readbud, is this a scam or not.
    help spread the good news from readbud:cool::cool:

ashoffan, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  18. sifar6484

sifar6484 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been doing this since 1 month.I wasted my time.:(

sifar6484, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  19. brilliantreviewcorner

brilliantreviewcorner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what'sssssss I was generate $39 until now ...

this is really true ??

brilliantreviewcorner, Jun 19, 2010 IP
  20. mimmolette

mimmolette Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried readbud out for a while, it's not worth it at all, even if they do pay out. Plus, that first Paypal screenshot is fake. If you look closely, the font where it shows the payment isn't right.

mimmolette, Jun 22, 2010 IP