1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Configure MySql, PHP, Apache

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by sudarshan1210, Dec 12, 2007.

Hello,
    Please tellme how do i manually configure MySql, PHP, myphpadmin and apache on windows vista or xp.I want to run joomla on my machine..
    I dont want to use easy php or anything like that:)

Thanks and regards
    -SudiSpice

sudarshan1210, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  2. sickanimations

sickanimations Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend using WAMP [ http://www.wampserver.com/en/ ] - It installs Apacher, MySQL and PHP and it comes with a huge number of extensions for Apache and PHP.

I personally use this to work on my sites in development, then upload for production. It's perfectly good for using as a production web server, too.

WAMP stands for Windows Apache MySQL PHP - there's MAMP and the original, LAMP.

Good luck!

sickanimations, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. SSANZ

SSANZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with sickanimations; LAMPP is very good for starters as you can install additional mods to apache, and you can upgrade MySQL fairly easily.

There are a few other packages out there with better service control, but lampp does the job for me when i need a quick apache/web development server combo.

SSANZ, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  4. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, WAMP is a great product for local testing on windows PCs.

agnivo007, Dec 15, 2007 IP