1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conficker worm

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Flashnest, Mar 30, 2009.

Does anyone know anything about this virus, 'conficker worm" ? Apperently it's a crafty one that hides itself without being detected. But come this Wednesday 'April Fools Day' it is set to show itself and attack millions of computers world wide. Apperently this is going to be extremely serious and many computers will more than likely end up with a fatal system.

On the bright side I hear that microsoft have some tool that can detect if the conficker worm is hiding on ones computer, does anyone have the link for this?

---------------------------------------
    Note...*Sorry to post again, but got the name of the worm wrong this is the right one now. Did try to delete the old post but couldn't.

Flashnest, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  2. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the conficker worm from what I understand is not going to be as bad as once thought. It can be detected and removed right now. If your computer is infected, you will have to a harder time removing it since it mutates on April 1st.

At this time, it changes into a something that will be nearly impossible to remove until of course they find a fix. And they will.

gvannorman, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  3. Flashnest

Flashnest Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. I also just found out that computers with regular windows updates should be safe anyways... so shouldn't be too much of a big deal aslong as everyone has automatic window updates...

Flashnest, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  4. hvalle98

hvalle98 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This worm destroyed my school's network... they had to clean all the computers... one by one (>1300 computers)

hvalle98, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  5. fredg61

fredg61 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a business or use eBay, be on the lookout for a DHL email that contians a pdf in a zip fiel and causes a major virus in your system. I hope my computer is safe from the April 1st bug!

fredg61, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  6. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Its detectable by almost all AVs now, so it shouldnt be so much of a big problem anymore.

BeirutMarketing, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  7. tibetangojica

tibetangojica Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a bug put in my site,killed my ranking

tibetangojica, May 3, 2009 IP
  8. webcycloneindia

webcycloneindia Active Member

Best Answers:
  9. linkheart

linkheart Member

Best Answers:
    nah... no worry about this virus because all the AV's have prepared for this

linkheart, May 4, 2009 IP