1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Computer Desk Chairs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SolaDrive, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Sort of an odd topic most probably don't talk about, but considering most of us who sit in a computer chair for the better part of our day use one, I thought it would be good to know what you all use? I personally have just a "decent" Office Supply chair, but was thinking of getting one that has heat and massages you!

It's just hard to give up this current chair when it has a 7 year warranty and they send you new worn out seat and back cushions whenever you need them.

SolaDrive, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use an office chair with an adjustable lumbar support. It also adjusts for height and it tilts. It's on wheels so I can move around my desk area easily. I find it comfortable.

As far as a heat and massage function I'd be afraid it would put me to sleep and destroy my productivity.

JoeSpirit, Apr 28, 2017 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The big problem with very good office chairs is the price-tag. A little better than decent chairs can cost around $800, or more. I currently have a slightly worn very good chair which I inherited from my dad's office, when they switched out their chairs some years ago - however, it's starting to get very tired, so I might need to start saving up for a new one. Looking for second-hand, like an office going out of business :D

PoPSiCLe, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  4. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $800?! That seems excessive for the price of an office chair, even "executive" style office chairs only go upto around £250 in price which works out around $320

SpacePhoenix, Apr 30, 2017 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree. I got mine at a Sam's Club discounted price because it was a display model. It was discounted mainly (I think) because one arm is loose, which doesn't bother me at all. I think I paid $100 for it and the original price was $150 or so.

As I said earlier, it is comfortable. The main functions weren't diminished in any way.

I also have another office chair that I use as a visitor's chair. It's an oversized office chair that I bought at a second-hand store. It looks like it had a high price when new but I got it for $10. I did have to replace the pedestal on it and it leans slightly to one side. But I don't have visitors hanging around long enough for that to bother them any.

JoeSpirit, May 1, 2017 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In Norway everything is super expensive. I get my chairs for $200-$300. After a while they all start feeling uncomfortable. I've gone through 6 chairs over the years.

qwikad.com, May 1, 2017 IP
  7. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What makes a chair $800?! What does it have that a decent chair doesn't? Is it the quality of the leather and hand stitched or something haha?

Why not just order from somewhere cheap, like the UK and then have it shipped to you then?

SolaDrive, May 2, 2017 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I should've been more clear. PoPSiCLe is from Norway, I was referring to him. Personally, I'd never pay $800 for a chair.

qwikad.com, May 2, 2017 IP
  9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A fully adjustable chair, lumbar support, adjustable seat in all directions, and so on and so on, cost about 5000-6000 NOK. Granted, that isn't $800 - it's closer to $700. Of course you can get decent chairs for 2000-300 NOK as well, but they won't last as long, and you'll be in trouble if anything ever goes wrong with it. There are quite a few more expensive than 5-6k as well - I've seen chairs cost over 20000 - that equals over $2000. The point is, Norway is expensive - and having things shipped from say the UK to here will cost about the same as the chair itself.

PoPSiCLe, May 4, 2017 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am jumping in a bit late, but one thing that I learned here in the U.S. is that there are so many businesses that start up, buy furniture (good and bad) and then fail that there is always an oversupply of used office furniture for sale at various websites, auction houses, used furniture shops, storage centers, etc. You can get amazing stuff in fantastic condition if you just search around a bit. I have a variety of office chairs at the various businesses that I am involved with and generally do not notice the difference. I did discover that if a chair is set too low to the ground for me, I start to get back pain. Whenever I get such pain, I raise the chair a bit and the back pain goes away.

jrbiz, May 8, 2017 IP
  11. Comic Traveller

Comic Traveller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How Much Budget ?

What Type Chair You Searching?

Comic Traveller, May 15, 2017 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.