1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Complex update with check boxes

Discussion in 'C#' started by devmonk, Sep 27, 2006.

I need to create an administrative page to update a table and make it as simple for the end users as possible but I am having a terrible time figuring out how to do it. Here is the situation...

I need to allow the end user to update which products are carried by which warehouses. Both products and warehouses are stored in their respective tables with a table used to associate one with another.

The MS Access tables are as follows:

wtbProducts table contains fields productID and Alias (the name of product)

wtbWarehouses table contains fields WarehouseID and Alias (the name of the warehouse)

wtbProductWarehouses table contains fields productID and warehouseID

I have a page set up so that the user can select a specific warehouse and the warehouseID will be passed as a querystring to the second page. On this second page I want all of the products displayed with checkboxes. If the productID/warehouseID combination is found in the wtbProductWarehouses table I want the check box to be checked. Odviously then the user will check/uncheck which products are shipped to which warehouses so I will then need to update the wtbProductWarehouses table accordingly.

This process is absoultly killing me. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks!

devmonk, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  2. Froggie

Froggie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you going to have to help us out a little bit providing more information.
    so I will give you a starting point

1. construct a recordset that will retrieve all the products
    2. construct another recordset that will retrieve all the products for a specific warehouse.
    3.loop through the first recordset and for each product dynamically create a checkbox, within this loop, loop through the second recordset looking for this product to see if it exists, if it does set the checked property/value to on.

Froggie, Sep 28, 2006 IP