1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Complete Newbie Goes From $0 to $126/Day In Under 4 Months. Here's How.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dbbrock1, Jan 8, 2010.

1. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    If nothing else, there are people using his system that hire expensive writers, so I'm guessing they don't go broke with it. ;)

CDarklock, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  2. teenmoney

teenmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    How many articles did you find you had to submit before you started seeing steady sales. Say I wanted to make just one sale a day from a problem solving niche. Say insomnia or teeth whitening or weight loss or something that like. How many articles do you think it would take before I saw a passive income of one sale a day?

teenmoney, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  3. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:

There is no easy answer to this.

It depends on a lot of factors.

Quality of article, your link building plan, your call to action, your niche most importantly.

I can tell you that some niches, article marketing won't work too well because of the competition.

But generally, If I post about 10 articles in the 400 word range in a medium competition niche, I can often see some traffic and sales within the first week or two.

It also depends on how well your pre-sell page is written. That's another important factor with this method.

Regards,
    Daniel Brock

dbbrock1, Jan 17, 2010 IP
  4. Snake Blisken

Snake Blisken Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just amazed at how many people actually fall for these Get rich ebooks, or the path to internet success.

Really, i got to get myself into this pyramid scheme! What a joke!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    Snake Blisken, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  5. kingsley

kingsley Member

Best Answers:
    Testing verious ways and stick to one .

kingsley, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  6. Jozov

Jozov Guest

Best Answers:
    Can provide the list of the 40 websites that you have?

Jozov, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  7. gothic love

gothic love Peon

Best Answers:
    but if they are 2 click away from buying isnt it make the ratio of sales lower than if you put the af link in the article which is only 1 click from buying?

gothic love, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  8. biggilo

biggilo Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't beat some drama on a Monday :cool:

biggilo, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  9. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    Only if your presell is teh suck.

CDarklock, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  10. F--K

F--K Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow ----- best of luck n thnx

F--K, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  11. HelpingNewbies

HelpingNewbies Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow what a great thread!!

HelpingNewbies, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  12. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    wow

Perry Rose, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  13. enwriter

enwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Because I do direct sales, as well as sell online, I just don't like the energy that is being created online due to "hungry for money", shady affiliates.

If you can't tell someone that you are representing a product, but must think of tricks to get them to buy something, you're shady.

In fact I see a change of energy when it comes to the internet. YOU SIMPLY CAN'T TRUST ANYONE, or ANY ADVICE.

Create review sites to sell a product???.........WHAT??

How much more "shady" can you get? you mean to tell me I can't go to review sites and get HONEST feedback? That the operator is hoping to lead you to a purchase???..............GIVE ME A BREAK.

People are becoming PISSED OFF, and as an HONEST marketer and seller, where I PREFER to tell someone I'm trying to sell them something, I'M GETTING PISSED OFF TOO.

It makes it harder to gain the trust of others.

Why not just create, or represent a product and inform the buyer that you are doing so? Create an interesting website with great articles, the potential customer will appreciate that.

Does Ebay hide, does Amazon hide, does ANY REPUTABLE company hide??

I think when people HIDE behind the computer they LOSE COMMON SENSE, and because they do not have direct contact with the buyer, their mind can easily go into SCAM MODE.

What happens is people will just CEASE to buy from smaller websites like you and me.

Remember the VIRAL INTERNET can also WORK AGAINST YOU, word spreads FAST.

Just by certain query words a person might type into the search bar, THIS THREAD might come up.

The UNIVERSE will give you money but will also TAKE IT AWAY at some point, when you're NOT HONEST.

BE HONEST

I actually have been thinking of doing a site to EXPOSE THIS, so that affiliates MUST state that they are selling a product.

All it takes is to VIRALLY tell the public that if you go to a review, click on a link and it takes you to another page and you look in the address bar and it doesn't say "thewebsite.com" but has an EXTENSION after it. Open up another window and CLEAR the EXTENSION away.

I really feel the obligation to make sure SHADY marketers don't potentially destroy my bright future.

I sell direct, as do many companies, they don't have to hide, SO THIS CANNOT be tolerated on the web, AT LEAST NOT WHEN I'M ON THE TEAM.

I'm a "SNITCHER" I TELL EVERYTHING if it helps things in the LONG RUN.

I went to a site not to long ago, where they explained at the bottom of the page they are possible affiliates to the product. Not real clear, but BETTER then acting like you're a nice guy or woman handing out a HONEST REVIEW to a great product.

enwriter, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  14. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, because very few people will buy right from a 300 word article. If you send them on to another page, you can better pre-sell the product you are trying to promote.

So while you might send your vendor less traffic than if you went straight from your first article, you will overall make more sales because that lower traffic is way more qualified than straight from article traffic.

Regards,
    Daniel

dbbrock1, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  15. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel the same way about review sites, and I wouldn't waste my time building some review site to go sell a bunch of garbage underhandedly. Might as well be direct about it, especially if you are selling garbage work at home crap like 95% of marketers out there.

Still though, it is immoral to let a sucker keep his money, so anyone who is dumb enough to think their is an instant and easy way to make money online needs to learn that it doesn't exist, and taking their $50 to show them is a just punishment.

BizDetail, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  16. swagly

swagly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great stuff buddy. Nice to see someone posting important info like this :)

swagly, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  17. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with review pages as long as you have actually tried and tested the products. Even if you haven't you can gather other reviews and put them on one page, that's also a service. Just stop promoting crappy products.

gocali2009, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  18. phenomever

phenomever Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow what a great thread!!

phenomever, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  19. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think is going to happen if "myproduct.com?affiliate=bob" stops working?

They'll just switch to something else, and then you'll have to tell everything about that.

Which is precisely why I'd set something up like this.

You load the salespage in an iframe, which stores some information in a database and sets a cookie on the user's browser, then breaks the frame and redirects to the main sales page.

Anyone who shows up without a cookie, we look them up in the database, and if we can't find them... they get shown a list of affiliates.

"Please select one of our fine distributors."

Do I lose sales? Well, honestly, I don't think so. Because when they pick and click one of the listed affiliates, it's not "show me the sales page again," it's the "buy now" link - they go straight to the cart just like they came from that affiliate in the first place. Same number of clicks.

But EVERY sale gives an affiliate commission. You could clear your cookies and change your external IP to avoid giving a commission to a particular affiliate, but you're not buying squat without paying an affiliate commission to SOMEBODY.

And I think that's exactly the way it ought to work. I don't think anyone who has a commissioned sales staff, volunteer or otherwise, should be able to sell products without paying a commission to someone other than himself.

It's common among those who can't sell to think that salespeople don't really do anything and are just a bunch of lying jerks. The reality is that once you get a solid, reliable sales staff working on your behalf... you can't pay them enough. They're priceless. Whatever extra you can throw in their direction, you should.

Actually, now that I think about it, sales reminds me a lot of software development. You do a lot of work before you make any money, everybody complains that you're doing all this work but they haven't made any money, and then when the money comes in they look at you and say "well, if you hadn't spent so long on it, we probably would have gotten it sooner and a lot more of it." And behind closed doors, all the managers shake their heads and say "I don't know why we need them anyway, they don't do anything."

And in the long run, those managers and their companies FAIL.

CDarklock, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  20. reaper2009

reaper2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Prooffi of earnings? :)

reaper2009, Jan 22, 2010 IP