1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Complete Newbie Goes From $0 to $126/Day In Under 4 Months. Here's How.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by dbbrock1, Jan 8, 2010.

1. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I like to drip feed over a period of 2-3 months. This helps keep your site active with new content updates - which majorly helps with SE rankings.

Sensex,

Yes, all content is coming out of Textbroker as 100% unique. They have a ton of authors that use that site daily.

Regards,
    Daniel

dbbrock1, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  2. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like someone needs to up her internet marketing game a bit.

It's called a sales letter.

You should know by now that sales pages like that convert really well if done correctly - and he certainly did it the right way. Just because YOU think it's spammy, doesn't mean that everyone else does.

It's not the design that sells...it's the words.

3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you sure fell for it.

Why would someone give away the secrets that are making them thousands of dollars a week for $30?

Answer: the "secrets" don't work.

I'd love to see a screenshot of YOUR Clickbank account...just to prove that his advice really is so magical. :rolleyes:

dlm, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  4. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Typical uneducated mindset.

Because he will make a lot more money selling the course, duh. You are now his customer and he can now market to you over and over and over again.

He has a sales funnel in place which you clearly don't understand. You come in for $30, end up buying everything he has because his stuff is that good.

I personally have bought every single one of his products and spent well over $150 with him in total and am glad I did so.

So no, he's not just making $30 from you. He's making way more.

It's called a feeder product...hello!!!

If he ever offers a coaching program for $15,000/year, I'd be the first one lined up for it. Simply because all the investments I have made with him have made me a lot of money.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
    tnk likes this.
  5. deankeen

deankeen Member

Best Answers:
    LOL haha :D

deankeen, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  6. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait, I think I have that. Let me dig around my hard drive a little.

Yeah, here it is. "Confessions of a Lazy Super-Affiliate" - 62 pages.

"Part 1: How to Identify and Tap Into Massive, Existing Demand"

Nothing new here. Look to ClickBank to see what's selling. Find a desperate niche. Yadda yadda yadda. Pretty much common knowledge, now.

"Part 2: The Real Difference Between Making Pocket Change - or a Fortune"

Oh, this is a good one: test different things and track the results. Again, common knowledge.

"Part 3: Instant, Free Traffic Has Never Been Easier..."

Okay, this is actually worth $30. Maybe it's just me, but I bought this thing months ago and never read it (seeing the sales page jogged my memory) but now I'm perfectly happy - I think my $30 was well-spent. (Actually, I seem to recall I paid less than that.)

"Part 4: The Honest Truth About SEO (Search Engine Optimization)"

Actually pretty good advice, in the pre-Bing world. Still reasonable in the post-Bing world, too. Not horrible at all. Neither common knowledge, nor particularly valuable, but hey... worth a couple bucks.

"Part 5: Drastically Increase Affiliate Income By Creating Your Own Products"

Good "underachiever" style stuff. Like the approach. Like the suggestions. Again, not really common knowledge, not really particularly valuable - but worth a couple bucks.

"Part 6: Duplication Strategies For Multiplying Revenues Easily"

Ahh, here's what most of the newbies will want. Nice, step-by-step stuff. But honestly: common knowledge. You can get this same thing here. I think there's a thread out there with almost the same thing.

"Conclusion: My Final Rant"

In two words, "take action." DUH. Common knowledge.

"Resources: Tools of the Trade (Not the Usual Crap)"

Definitely not the usual crap. Well, 3links is. I also have a few of his recommended educational resources, most notably Paul Hancox's book "Small Changes, Big Profits" - I know Paul, and proofread one of his more recent books for him, so I like to recommend his stuff. But I'm a friend of his, you know, so I'm biased and you shouldn't listen to me about him.

I also have "Desperate Buyers Only" and "How to Double Your Business." The former is lurking on my hard drive somewhere, and the latter is somewhere in my storage unit. Probably in one of the DVD boxes. Again, never even opened them. I'll search around for DBO, but Glenn Livingston's DVDs can stay in storage for now.

But my general impression of Chris Rempel's book?

I got my money's worth. Whenever I buy something, what I want is one solid idea that's worth what I paid, surrounded by tried and true stuff (common knowledge... hey, what do you know), with maybe a few more tidbits to sweeten the pot.

You want a blueprint to lots of money, this isn't it. You want an idea that's worth a couple hundred bucks to your business? Maybe. Solid chance of that. I'll be testing and tracking some stuff from chapter 3 in the next month or two.

CDarklock, Jan 12, 2010 IP
    tnk likes this.
  7. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, sorry - $150 - my mistake!

Why would someone give away the secrets that are making them thousands of dollars a week for $150?

Answer: the "secrets" don't work.

dlm, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well at least you don't believe his word is gospel.

The problem is - the vast majority of the information you need to make money is located right here on the forums. You just need to do some reading and have a little ingenuity. Those ebooks generally don't help people because they don't get into specifics (again, someone making tons of money NEVER wants to give anyone else too much good information about their system) and the people who buy them want a quick fix.

Internet marketing is about learning, experimenting, optimizing and expanding...and even the best $30 ebook will only teach you 1/4 of those pillars properly.

dlm, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  9. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    Not without a capital H. ;)

Note the emphasis here.

This... forum... is... huge.

I've been active here for less than 48 hours, and I've participated in several dozen discussions. Some of them very smart, very involved, very stimulating.

That's exhausting. Don't you realise that? Here comes Joe Newbie, who doesn't know what to look for, doesn't have the experience you and I do, hasn't even had dinner yet after his full day at work... and you want him to search the forums?

That's just sadistic. ;)

He doesn't know what he's looking for. He doesn't know how to recognise good and bad information. And the only thing he can really do is say "hmm, EVERYBODY says this and that, it must be right."

So that's what I discount from these kinds of books.

But if you buy a dozen of them, statistically you're probably going to have 97% of what you need to know.

Seriously, 0.75^12=0.03; a dozen books that each contain a random 25% of what you need cover 97% of it.

Of course, those are the best books, and most of them aren't the best. Figure maybe one out of every twenty is among the best, and all you need to do is buy about 240 of those $30 ebooks. That's about $7,200. And it's close to buying one such book every business day for a year, skipping holidays and taking a week's vacation at some point.

Keep it up for a second year, and you can learn 99.999% of what you need to know - the fabled "five nines" of reliability.

And think about it for a moment. How much is a college education? $12k a year and up, isn't it? About $500 a credit hour, 12 credits a semester, two semesters a year?

Looks pretty cheap to me.

CDarklock, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  10. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same question, some days ago I read that ezine articles does not allow affiliate links in written articles. Could somebody clarify this point?

Traffic-Bug, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  11. ivorycute88

ivorycute88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I learn lots of new stuff here ! regard :)

ivorycute88, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  12. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    All you have to do, Traffic-Bug is to look at the most recent submitted articles.

Perry Rose, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  13. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would he share this story? For what reason you share this in GENERAL MARKETING forum if you dont share the technique? To get praises? Congratz then, I give you a clap!

wokaka, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  14. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You must not have taken the time to read my OP, but rather just wanted to increase your post count I guess...

dbbrock1, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  15. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG, he gave you the clap! Oh noes! :p

CDarklock, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  16. Caneman

Caneman Peon

Best Answers:
    EZ allows two links in the bio box, and they can not be hop links. You need to buy a domain name and do a redirect to your hop link if you want to add it it to your bio.

Seems like EZ is getting much more difficult these days, with grammar, spelling, etc etc. If you have a keyword that is not grammatically correct, or improper sentence structure, they will not let you use it in your article.

Caneman, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  17. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    So how is that a problem?

Do you value your time at all?

What would you rather do:

Spend more than a year browsing a forum trying to learn on your own and slowly put the pieces together....

Or have everything handed to you on a silver platter so that you can spend $30 and save yourself a years
    + worth of learning?

Not to mention all the trial and error(and most likely failing) you will have to go through to get there.

To me, my time is worth way more than $30.

Hell, even if the course was $1000 it still would have saved me a lot of time AND money.

dbbrock1, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  18. CDarklock

CDarklock Peon

Best Answers:
    QFGDMFT.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will waste hour upon hour on something, just to save a few bucks.

Basic rule: never do anything yourself when someone else will do it as well or better for $10 an hour.

CDarklock, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  19. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dbbrock1: One of the better threads on here for a good while. If you want to silence the critics then you could always reveal one of your past money sites. Anyway, Sounds to me like you've had a good few months, you covered some good ground there friend.

CDarklock: Welcome to the Darkside. I thought you were hardcore Warrior?!

:D

Ryan6, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  20. adventureguy

adventureguy Member

Best Answers:
    The last time I checked, internet marketing was about making money. Maybe you are just jealous that he is making some and you're not.

Sure, there is plenty of free info here, but I see nothing wrong with a person choosing to spend a little of their money for education. The OP is not here suggesting that everyone buy the ebook he did, but only sharing what worked for him. I applaud him not for what he accomplished, but for sharing his experience here with us.

adventureguy, Jan 13, 2010 IP