1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competitive Ads and Services

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by satishtalim, Jun 19, 2005.

Can someone tell me in more details what is Google's policy on 'Competitive Ads and Services'? Their explanation is not all that clear to me.

A simple question - Can I have ads from say Amazon, Clicksor and Adsense all on the same page?

Thanks.

satishtalim, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    It would be best if you contact AdSense support with this query.

I recently discovered that they have a whole set of policies which are only published internally and are not available (yet?) on their public web pages.

That disclaimer being finished...

I have AdSense and Amazon running side-by-side and Google seems fine with it -- because Amazon ads are not context-sensitive.

I used to have AdSense running alongside Clicksor's underlines ads. Google had no complaints with it, but I dropped the program because the revenue was minimal and I felt that it lowered my AdSense CTR.

I have also used Clicksor as AdSense alternate ads, but was disappointed because of the extremely limited number of relevant advertisers.

Will.Spencer, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  3. satishtalim

satishtalim Peon

Best Answers:
    Will, thanks. It answers my query satisfactorily.

satishtalim, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  4. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also have Amazon ads and Adsense on the same pages. When Amazon changed their look of some of the product links to be more text oriented I emailed Google about it and they said it isn't against the TOS.

MattL, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  5. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    IIRC, G only say you can't have other context-sensitive ads. So if the ads aren't dependant on the content within the page they should be fine.
    As with anything else, if you've any doubt always email G first.

jlawrence, Jun 20, 2005 IP
  6. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless there has been a recent change that I don't know about, you can't have ads that look like their's even if they are not "context-sensitive".

MattL, Jun 20, 2005 IP