1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competition for forum posting companies

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by gworld, Jan 25, 2006.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am surprised that you have time to post between your daily prayers to Bush for giving you the welfare checks to buy your house. I suppose you are getting some good welfare checks when the rest of economy is being destroyed. ;)

gworld, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, I was your customer during this competition and the record of correspondence is the also in the thread. This is the first time that I have made a comment about your negativity but if you look at the thread, you will see others have made the same observation.

I have nothing against you or your service and I suspect this is probably something that you are not aware of but if I get this feeling, I am sure there are others who feel the same. This is meant as constructive criticism and you can take it in the spirit which as given or totally ignore it. The first alternative will certainly help you to expand your business while the second one if it does not directly hurt your business, it certainly will not help you to improve it either.

gworld, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why on earth do you find it necessary to bring politics into every post? You do realize there is a General Chat section, as well as a Politics sub category where you can rant till you turn blue in the face.

I asked a simple question. I wanted to know what the end result of your experiment was because I actually fell prey to your trap believing that you might actually be doing something productive. I have been interested in forum posting services for some time now, and figured this would be a good test and would help me and others perhaps decide on what service to use.

Instead of answering my question, you have taken yet another opportunity to insult me, while also insulting another respected member of this forum who participated in your competition. All you had to do was answer the question. Instead you find it necessary to bring your political rants, and insulting/degrading behavior where it does not belong.

I fault myself for asking the question and thinking that you might have some sense of decency and something productive to offer this forum. You can attack me all you want, but I believe you owe someone else an apology. From where I sit it looks like only one person benefited from your experiment.

DP to me should be a place where people of all backgrounds, lifestyles, races, religions and genders come to share information, experiences, and a little conversation. You do nothing to improve upon that philosophy. All you do is bring a bad taste to every corner of DP you touch. If you've got nothing positive to offer, perhaps you should just keep your thoughts to yourself.

Mia, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  4. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice try to act like a victim but you know very well that your only intention for posting in my threads is the fact that I proved to everyone what a bigots you and your friends are in the general chat.

If you had any interest in such services, you could have look at companies and their poster and decide based on their performances in this thread. For some strange reason, you feel the need to post in every thread that I post and attack me but you are not even smart enough for that and as soon as I give you an answer, you will start to act like a cry baby.

How about you stop your childish behavior and you won't need to feel like a fool when I give you an answer. ;)

gworld, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The problem is you cannot leave the "General Chat" in general chat. You are the only one taking your rants and insults outside of the realm of General Chat.

Like I said, feel free to attack me all you want. You've turned what could have been a very productive conversation and mixed it up with your personal issues.

I'd quit while you are ahead. You are doing yourself quite a diservice.

Mia, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For the benefit of those who don't know what a raving lunatic gworld is, I must state for the record that I am one of forumbulge's real clients and that forumbulge's service and customer interface has always been above par.

I really have no idea what gworld is ranting about, which is not at all out of the ordinary. I believe that gworld suffers from a severe chemical imbalance and is not on the proper medication to allow him to function in civil society.

Will.Spencer, Feb 24, 2006 IP
    forumbulge likes this.
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was going to answer your stupid post but I think everyone in DP knows who the little willy is, so it is not worth it. :rolleyes:

gworld, Feb 24, 2006 IP
  8. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I thought this was a great idea for a forum competition. The normal payout regardless of company/or freelancer would be .10 at that amount of post request. In a company I think the rate would be higher than .10. Maybe around .12 cents. But geez a $2 out of pocket is not a big deal for a company if you think about it. To get your company a boost in advertising. I would think an initial $2 investment would be well worth it. I would probably not have been able to enter the competition since my company is new onto the scene(about 1 month old).

And yes some companies do not do the work they are paid for. Either in posts or quality. That I would have to agree with. I do think that some of these companies should have a better quality of customer service. Some forum owners want to order a large package have ideas of granduer. Not thinking that maybe their forum subject might be dead, or repetitive, to specific for a large package(can lead to poster burn out), useless gerbal so on and so on. I think the list can go on.

I really feel that the Paid Posting company should be in contact with the forum owner and discuss the right package to fit the needs of both parties. Just dont take the money and run. Or the forum owner trys and get a large package because they think there is a high interest in the subject(or to make things cheaper and easier). Catering to your clients needs is very important. Especially to the buyer of packages.

The paid posting owner should be atleast knowledgeable in what their posters can do and what forums would benefit their services. I have seen many forum owners try and buy a 400 or 1000 post job for their site that is not highly informative, sought after etc. If this is the case I would recommend a smaller package. Also I have seen many forum owners think that the paid posters should make the site popular. Posting companies are to SUPPLEMENT the forum not make it. In additon forum owners and their administrators and or moderators should be very active in the forum. I have seen this to many times where they show up every 2 weeks or not at all. Paid Posting companies are one form of drawing interest/popularity/hits and advertising to their forums. Do not leave it Paid Posting Comapanies to make your forum. They are just a source for information. They draw up attention to quality posts. They are not to make the forum. They are a supplement to the forum.

lpstong, Feb 25, 2006 IP
    forumbulge likes this.
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That was refreshing. An informative and well thought post with some great input and suggestions. There may be hope for this thread yet.

Mia, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  10. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We now resume Mia v. Gworld . . .

Geez, I thought I was in the political forum again. :D

marketjunction, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  11. DoBump

DoBump Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Forumbulge was it really necessary to bring your disagreement with us into this thread?

The matter has been taken care of, also you were e-mailed that changes will be made.

Back on topic, I hope there are more contests such as this in the future.

DoBump, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  12. HumanIngenuity

HumanIngenuity Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Let me clear this up once and for all. I have purchased PAIDPOSTS.COM earlier this year and nobody is getting ripped off by me. Maybe the previous owner did not take the time to take care of the jobs that HE got paid for. However all the old jobs even the ones that I have not received the payment for (ie all the jobs before jan 15th) are being taken care. Some of the neglected jobs are gold and silver posts which takes a while to complete but they are being completed. I do not like all this negative publicity regarding my new business as we run a legitimate company. This company is owned by www.ingenuity.net which is a international software development firm with very high profiled clients. There is no reason to rip anybody off as it does not make us rich.

To the poster who claims all posting services are a scam, I would disagree. Maybe not all the forum owners are as smart as you and can get the forum to take off in a short period of time. These posting companies is an innovative way to boost a forum naturally which will drive more users who would like to participate and therefore help your forum grow. There was an article on Sitepoint about this recently and I don't think they would promote an industry that is considered a "SCAM"

I am sorry for all the ex clients who was mad at the previous owner but it is out of my control. I can assure you that the jobs received after my purchase was completed as agreed and for clients who do not like to wait a couple of weeks for the jobs to be completed. They received their refunds without any hassle. We sell ecommerce platforms that sell between $50,000 to $300,000 and we are not interested in stealing your money. Please do not continue to bad mouth our business, if you have any issue regarding old jobs that you paid for prior to jan 15th, you may email me at tedc@ingenuity.net and I can look up where your job stands.

Thanks for listening everyone.

HumanIngenuity, Mar 18, 2006 IP
  13. HumanIngenuity

HumanIngenuity Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First of all, i bought the company from morgan, second of all i really don't htink morgan stiffed anyone as she mentioned that i would need to complete old jobs that she got paid for but did not complete. She actually subtracted that amount off the asking price of the company so if she actually wanted to stiff anyone, i doubt it was necessary to put old jobs into a deal.

HumanIngenuity, Mar 30, 2006 IP
    forumbulge likes this.
  14. greatestmj

greatestmj Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have started my own posting company... its new and its not really kinda official.... but we are doing quite good!

check the signautre!

greatestmj, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  15. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    HumanIngenuity, I don't think there is much to worry about here, it's not like this thread was started by anyone that is taken seriously.

Mia, Mar 30, 2006 IP