1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competition for Adsense

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by lingeriediva, Mar 14, 2005.

lingeriediva, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  2. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm hoping this leads google to at least change payout methods like they mention, being paid actually at the end of the month via paypal instead of a month later would be very very nice. Also hopefully in the next year or 2 we'll see a payout increase.

TiGG, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I doubt they'll pay out a lot quicker.

AdWords advertisers pay at the end of the month so G has millions on their accounts. They wait a month (interest) and pay AdSense publishers in dollars (weak dollar! ;( ) by cheque (takes up to weeks to clear - more interest because it takes to to put the cheque into your bank etc.).

Add all this up and they are getting millions out of interest rates.

T0PS3O, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  4. TheWebJunkie

TheWebJunkie Banned

Best Answers:
    We need something like adsense they pays using checks and paypal that would be a dream come true :)

TheWebJunkie, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  5. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    yep you're right there. But if yahoo pays out similar payment rates and does it at the end of the month (they charge advertisers upfront unlike google) google is going to have a hard time keeping people on board since they can goto yahoo and get paid the same thing on a timely basis. Hopefully this forces google to reconsider things.

I love competition! Works out better for everyone.

TiGG, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  6. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes... but with compitition, its possible that people will start bidding on multiple advertisers, and thus the ammount they are willing to bid will be less, since they can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Josh

Josh, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You can cross out the 'possible'. People will bid on multiple advertisers -- they already do. A lot of people also use the Overture ad network as well as Adwords.

mcfox, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  8. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if it competes, benefecial wud be publishers... if google kicks out, run to yahoo :d

maverick, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I bid on multiple programs to spend MORE. Not less. There's only so much traffic you can get from say Google AdWords on its own. Increasing daily budget to a million won't give more traffic necessarily. So we went to Overture. They are more expensive. So the total I'm bidding is more, and the avg bid per click probably as well.

I've got the content network switched off on both though. Will do the same on Y unless they offer publishers some choice like showing ads based on demographics (user-input). This way the advertiser can reach more without the risk of more 'spam'/purpose built content and fraudeulent clicks.

As Maverick hints, people might give G the two fingers and keep pushing the TOS borders because they now have a back-up. Might see an increase on dodgy clicks.

T0PS3O, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Not to mention countless small time publisher that never reach the $100 milestone and give up on it.

Homer, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  11. ggd

ggd Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not just yahoo, microsoft are doing the same thing.

ggd, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  12. callmeshoe

callmeshoe Peon

Best Answers:
    so (correct me if i am wrong) but this new yahoo advertising will allow the user to choose the advertisers they want displayed on their site?

callmeshoe, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You may be able to block certain URL's, but you will not get to choose your advertisers as it is all automated.

Next Google is now offering Electronic Funds Transfer direct to your checking account.

anthonycea, Mar 20, 2005 IP
  14. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hoping it eventually leads to Google changing their TOS and allowing similar ads on the same page. That way you could really diversify.

MattL, Apr 29, 2005 IP