1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Competent Opencart programmer wanted to modify module

Discussion in 'Programming' started by maney, Sep 13, 2012.

Essentially, I am looking for somebody to adapt and improve upon the Dynamic Categories module (http://www.opencart.com/index.php?r...=973&filter_search= dynamic categories module) to turn it in to a dropdown based, quick order module. I am setting up a website with quite a limited product range, but speed of ordering is extremely important. On the homepage I want a series of dropdown boxes which narrow down the categories horizontally like your modification does on this page http://demo.getclearthinking.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=25_28_36, however the last dropdown box lists the products in the chosen category. When a product is selected rather than loading that product page, a quantity box appears next to the field, the customer simply types in how many they want, and then a plus box appears next that box it for them to begin the process again for the next product they want. They start from scratch again (as in, start at the top level category and work through, for their second product choice) if you understand me. The result is the customer selects all of the products they want without reloading the page once. They then hit a checkout button on the page which will take them to my one page checkout (already installed).

Additionally, to aid the really quick, intuitive checkout process, I'd need an ajax (I guess ajax, from my limited programming knowledge, I think that would be the best language?) thing which displays the order total, and automatically updates the price as customers add, remove and change products on the fly with no page reloads. The same would be true for the P+P. As you can probably tell, I'm trying to make an extremely fast, easy checkout because the store only has a limited number of categories and products.

I'd like this to be a vqmod module if possible, just for simplicity. I've also been advised that this project would probably take 3-6h of coding, not sure how accurate that is but its perhaps a rough idea?

Could anybody who thinks they can make this for me please get in touch via PM with price, feasibility, turnaround time etc.

maney, Sep 13, 2012 IP