1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Compar syndicated!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Jul 28, 2004.

DP members one of our own here has become famous in the press, guess who, I have mentioned him as a celebrity on the forum circuit before here at DP.

Even though he and I go at each other about who is right and wrong on many issues, he is still my elder and I have learned to have great respect for him no matter how much he gets on my back.

Who is this distinguished individual? It is our very own Compar, the following link shows that the guy is getting syndicated in the trade.

Look for his page rank article link in the following page.

http://www.portalpartnerpress.com/

Good job Bob, we all love (like) you.

anthonycea, Jul 28, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I just commented in another thread about the owner of another forum which is known as HR -- that does not stand for Humble Response -- not being able to recognize when someone was sucking up.

Well I trust I'm not in that same category, so thank you for the recognition. Now get your nose out of my ass.

compar, Jul 28, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    You better count your blessings, I ain't even nice to Shawn, Compar don't get me started :mad:

4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty weird post..

schlottke, Jul 28, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    What post are you talking about?

6. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen arse kissin but this post beats them all..

DarrenC, Jul 28, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    OK, WW I hear ya, when you do something good around here, you can bet you won't hear it from me :D

8. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    So is that reverse sucking up?

mopacfan, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, try to be kind to some folks, see what it gets you. :confused:

These guy's here at DP, they do not like me either way, mean or kind, but boy never change, stay that mean bastard that you are or you will be tarred and feathered right here for the entire world to see. :eek:

You have seen the last of me being kind to anyone, never again Compar, you are trying to ruin me. :mad:

anthonycea, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  10. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Compar's just a big PITA so don't let it get to you ;)

Seriously though, compar pissed me off few times over at hr such as the time I posted a question about 'mini-sites' and compar all but butchered me as I was the devil incarnate. It was a question to genuinely find out about the potential value of setting up such a system. Compar calmed down after a bit of chastising and even gave a ½ a**** appology of sorts. I took it for what is worth since I was just getting back into seo after many years and just let it go.

I've even found things I agree on with compar such as jw and hr as well as some of his ranking theories. Those that I don't agree with, I just chalk up to his old crankiness. :)

mopacfan, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah that Compar meat grinder is a good one alright, they don't make meat grinders like they used to 69 years ago in this modern era.

So if any of you live through Bob pounding on you it will make you a better forum player and a better webmaster.

I will never say he is a good man again though, I just take too much heat from other members anytime I say anything good about the guy, so much for being kind to folks and giving credit where credit is due.

I would rather go through Bob's meat grinder than to take heat for agreeing with him anyday. :D

12. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I was talking about compar's post... If you cant tell anthony's style by now, youre a lost individual. Im fairly sure he isn't kissing anys anything - he doesn't even seem to like anyone. He was simply posting some interesting information and you all jumped on his back.

schlottke, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  13. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well SB, the only reason Compar said that is because some here like to see us at odds, it is more entertaining for them to see Compar and I cut each other up. When I am kind to him folks get on his arse about it, so can you blame him for responding that way, we are all under pressure from others I guess. I just hope it will never make any of us lose our independence or objectivity in regard to our opinions on the forum, just because we become friends.

Bob and I started as enemies on the forum circut and some would like that to go on. They do not like the fact that we could patch things up in any way. Man resists change, that is all.

So I guess Bob and I will have to get back at being enemies, if that is what the public demands, maybe that is what they will get.

Bob, don't leave yourself open :D

14. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    "Old crankiness"? I'm a pussy cat now. You should have seen me when I was young. :D

I half remember the mini-site question, but I forget the detail. Do you want to refresh our memory and tell us how stupid the questions was? :) I'm only kidding. I am sorry if I offended you.

And I think the outstanding difference between me and JW is that I will admit when I'm wrong, whereas it appears that once you are on the wrong side of her, or have ever questioned her pronouncements, you are scum for life.

compar, Jul 29, 2004 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Compar, lets get beyond the hype and discuss the article you wrote.

I did not know you were a mathematician, were you always good at math?

Does good SEO require knowledge of higher math Compar?

Next, some say Page Rank is dead, do you agree with this or dispute their contentions?

anthonycea, Jul 30, 2004 IP
  16. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an engineering background and was always fairly handy with numbers. But I don't think it is important to SEO.

I agree. But there is a tremendous fascination with PR and I was simply exploiting this interest in writing this article. We are all whores in the end. I think I have signed 6 new SEO clients to date directly as a result of them reading the article, and that is exactly what I hoped would happen.

Possible I should have included a disclaimer. Something like this:

"PageRank today is almost irrelevant to SERP placement, but for all those still obsessed by it, here is how it is calculated, and here is how many links you need to acquire it."

compar, Jul 30, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Compar, you seem to be an honest broker of information, that is why I love (like) you so much.

Thanks for the help, you better tone down all that lingo, it may get you in trouble with the right.

anthonycea, Jul 30, 2004 IP